We can't go down - `You cannot be serious' !!!

Re: We can't go down - `You cannot be serious' !!!

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 pm

im wondering if its the guy i bumped into prematch by the paddock
i was grabbing a prematch burger and this guy in a liverpool scarf asked why the game hadnt started(It was just gone seven) i said its a 745pm kick off
he said they are usually 700pm arent they
i said that this was a first team league game
but he looked completely puzzled by this
i asked him where he was from
he said...Morecambe!!!!!
i mean hed paid full match price id assumed
it bothered me all the way through the game...................
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Harry wrote:Let's calm it down for a minute. We're only 7 games off relegation, assuming every team below us wins 7 and we lose 7 in a row.

These are testing times.

BUT THAT'S JUST NOT MATHAMATICALLY POSSI...

awww... Harry!!! :roll: I see what you did there, owwww... nearly got me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:42 am

Simply Ned wrote:Are you listening Keith?

I'm still listening Ned, but for some reason, this weekend I've not heard from you?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:im wondering if its the guy i bumped into prematch by the paddock
i was grabbing a prematch burger and this guy in a liverpool scarf asked why the game hadnt started(It was just gone seven) i said its a 745pm kick off
he said they are usually 700pm arent they
i said that this was a first team league game
but he looked completely puzzled by this
i asked him where he was from
he said...Morecambe!!!!!
i mean hed paid full match price id assumed
it bothered me all the way through the game...................

since when has any football leauge match kickede off at 7PM
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Keith wrote:
Simply Ned wrote:Are you listening Keith?

I'm still listening Ned, but for some reason, this weekend I've not heard from you?

NEDDY!!!??? Where ARE YOU????? You forgot to post at the weekend! I'm sure you intended to, what with us winning so well... you were probably so excited?

So surely tonight you'll be happy?

[oh, and Chester lost... again]

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Ned » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Ned! Neddy??? Where are you Ned? I want to hear what you think about tonight's game! Come on NED!!!

Come on Ned, what's your thoughts on us being 14 points off the play offs and 20 points off relegation?

Come on Ned! Don't be complacent now...[/quote]

I am very pleased with the team's recent performances and long may it continue. The team and management were obviously taking notice of my concerns and are putting in that extra effort required to suceed.
Ned

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Simply Ned wrote:The team and management were obviously taking notice of my concerns and are putting in that extra effort required to suceed.

Good man! We've missed you! :D

Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Simply Ned wrote:The team and management were obviously taking notice of my concerns

:lol:
campdave

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I am very pleased with the team's recent performances and long may it continue. The team and management were obviously taking notice of my concerns and are putting in that extra effort required to suceed.

:lol: :lol:

Quality. Good man, Ned.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Simply Ned wrote:Hopefully we will survive but the complacency displayed by people like Keith is scary especially as it is in direct contrast to the manager’s stance.

Lancashire Evening Post wrote:And with the Shrimps eight points behind Shrewsbury, who occupy the final play-off berth, they could still make a late charge for promotion.

"We are going along quite nicely and confidence is high in the camp," added McIlroy.

"There is no reason why we can't push further up the table,

Indeed, it is heartening to see that the management aren't complacent with a play off spot almost within reach Ned...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby yozzer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I almost feel sorry for Ned. There is nothing more vengeful than a scorned Keith. A Keith who has been proved to be right. It's almost sickening. I can visualise the rictus leer of righteous indignation as he typed. Nah...I'm only jealous. Milk it to the full. Ned old son tha's bin smited baaaad!
yozzer

Postby Ned » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:00 pm

yozzer wrote:I almost feel sorry for Ned. There is nothing more vengeful than a scorned Keith. A Keith who has been proved to be right. It's almost sickening. I can visualise the rictus leer of righteous indignation as he typed. Nah...I'm only jealous. Milk it to the full. Ned old son tha's bin smited baaaad!

Have you got a screw loose or do you just not understand? Keith was wrong at that time to be complacent in contrast to the manager. I was right to object to his complacency and the manager did something about the situation which is what we all wanted. Of course one could make a case that Keith was complacent as he had every confidence that the manager would turn things around. Alternatively you could argue that if I post a concern which then gets resolved (which pleases me) I continue to receive criticism from some people suggesting I must be disappointed because this issue has been resolved! As reported elsewhere I just try to keep the decision makers on their toes and aware of a section of public opinion.
Ned

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:08 pm

As reported elsewhere I just try to keep the decision makers on their toes and aware of a section of public opinion.

And on the 7th day Ned went to watch MFC. 'kinell, how far up your own rear-end can you get?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:40 pm

I dont know whether that is self delusion at the highest level or just plain arrogance! :o

How do you explain this as you being right Ned?

Simply Ned wrote:Fact - we will be without 3 of our key players for some time and in the abscence of any plan B announemount from the manager it is likely that we may struggle to win matches. If we get sucked in to a win less run similar to Chester's then can any of our realistic zealots predict how many points we need to survive. It may help to calm the waters.

This was a great post just 5 weeks into what has become our best ever run of play. if the League had started in November we would be in the promotion pack.

Simply Ned wrote:The league records don’t lie and as such we have to accept that we are currently one of the worst teams in the football league and in truth are probably inferior to a number of Conference teams.
19 games played and our weekly pattern for every match is to pack the midfield with quantity rather than quality and then after every match hope the other teams around us have also not won. At present the points difference between Barnet, Chester and ourselves is small enough for the league positions to easily change after 1 or 2 matches which is an ongoing concern. Grimsby would need a bit longer and Bournemouth would need to do some good business in January. In fact with 27 games left all these clubs including ourselves are aware there is enough time to pull away from the nether regions depending on who they sign in January.
Remind me. Who did we sign in January that has turned our fortunes around?

Simply Ned wrote:Judging by the recent large number of negative posts it would appear that my work is done as increasing numbers of supporters have now seen the light. Match after match we are still being told to support the players and the team will win the next match and go on a run etc all of which is management desperation speak and is never backed up with a strategy or a win. The situation is bleak and even a solitary win will not change the situation as the manager is well aware. Currently we are the second worst team in this division and as such that puts us behind the top 6 teams in the Conference which is a fair shout as that is what we used to say when we were in the Conference.
If the time comes the manager won’t be sacked although he would resign due to his close social friendship with the Chairman. I do agree that it is not realistic to expect a club of our size to be at the top end of the league but I certainly expect us to compete or surpass Accy, Macc and Chester. It is a fact that Coleman always manages to turn Accy around with shrewd business and a better knowledge of player’s abilities at this level than our manager. You have got to think that Coleman would not have signed the dud’s we did this summer and if he had it would have been short term and they would have gone by now.
It would appear that in the survival game there is no place for rewarding loyal servants if they are not doing the business, a message that MFC (that nice family club) seem unaware of. After a dreadful second half last season Sammy correctly announced that it would be necessary to make significant changes to the team in order to compete and this would involve popular players having to leave. I don’t count players like Burns and Grand as they were not regulars but based on the poor second half of the season no one was secure. I was not alone in thinking that Curtis would be shipped out to Barrow and Hunter to Lancaster? as these players along with others including Bentley were inconsistent. However the first thing to happen was to award Hunter a 2 year contract, retain Curtis because he is due a testimonial and now extend Bentley’s contract because he has been a loyal servant regardless of his current indifferent performances when the defence is leaking goals!
I do believe this manager has been given more money than we realise but his decision making at this level brings into question his judgement. I was not impressed with his recent quote stating the club may have to spend to get us out of the current situation ( hello, it was the manager who spent all the money and got us in this mess not the directors).

Good job we followed your advice and sacked Sammy and got rid of Curtis, Bentley and Hunter for being inconsistent. Thank god we followed your advice and refused to support the players and the team.

Ned, you talk bollocks. It would seem to me that you just crave attention. You have repeatedly stated, season after season that the players and the management team are not good enough. You have been repeatedly been proven wrong.

To come out and try and flannel us with a frankly sad and poor attempt to make us believe you have had any influence whatsoever is not only deluded but an insult to proper fans intelligence.
Mark S

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Simply Ned wrote:Have you got a screw loose or do you just not understand? Keith was wrong at that time to be complacent in contrast to the manager. I was right to object to his complacency and the manager did something about the situation which is what we all wanted. Of course one could make a case that Keith was complacent as he had every confidence that the manager would turn things around. Alternatively you could argue that if I post a concern which then gets resolved (which pleases me) I continue to receive criticism from some people suggesting I must be disappointed because this issue has been resolved! As reported elsewhere I just try to keep the decision makers on their toes and aware of a section of public opinion.

And as recently as Feb 11th you were 'keeping the decision makers on their toes' by publically attacking Gary Hunter...

Simply Ned wrote:Of equal concern is the engine room midfield where our only replacement for the missing duo is Hunter. Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league.

Clearly it was your doing that he was Man of the Match on Saturday, less than five days after scoring what Glen Cooper described as "possibly the best Morecambe goal ever" and one that ITV News refered to as "there won't have been a better goal scored in Europe".

Simply Ned wrote:Let us hope Sammy can find a way around this embargo and get some loan players in as we don’t want to get sucked into the Chester syndrome. All things considered Saturday’s match now takes on more significance as I am sure the Welshmen who on Monday were apprehensive will now see this as an opportunity to halt their slide

If they saw things "as an opportunity to halt their slide", then they were clearly deluded. Although this could be forgiven, as they clearly were not alone in thinking this.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Ned » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I wonder if its this easy to catch real fish?
Ned

Postby Mark S » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:13 pm

So its all been a wind up all along has it? Hmmmm.

If thats the case, then well done! You certainly had me believing you were as miserable and irrationally negative as you made out for the last three seasons.

Ah well.

Goodbye.
Mark S

Postby Uds » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I wonder if its this easy to catch real fish?

I don't get chance to come on this forum all to often as is quite obvious with my post tally, but by god man you really do know how to make yourself look publicly stupid! Muppet!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uds

Postby yozzer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm

I have many screws loose Ned and senility beckons but i believe I have the more powerful bait :roll:
yozzer

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:51 pm

It's pretty sad to claim you were winding everyone up just because you were proved wrong :?
Bare Ben

Postby John L » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:18 am

Gnasher wrote:And on the 7th day Ned went to watch MFC.

That's it!!! He's been watching Sunday league football all along! I wonder who 'the board' really were who he's been talking to, who he thought were ours? :lol:
John L

Postby Ned » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

Bare Ben wrote:It's pretty sad to claim you were winding everyone up just because you were proved wrong :?

Dont believe anything what you hear and only half of what you see.

Your (and other posters) interpretation of my recent `catching real fish` statement may not be what you think! However it clearly demonstrates the limited mindest of these people who are unable to think outside the box which is invariably reflected in their postings.
Ned

Postby campdave » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 am

Simply Ned wrote:

Your (and other posters) interpretation of my recent `catching real fish` statement may not be what you think!

Stop posting in riddles if you don't want people to misinterpret what you're saying, you attention whore.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Wait a minute - I think I've worked it out in true Ted Rogers 3-2-1 style...... wind-up 'merchant'.... catching 'fish'.. getting us all going.... Ned... sounds a bit like 'net' - access to members of the board - or you could say 'close to the club'.

What's close to the club, what stirs up hot potatos and has a fish merchant element....??

it's the owner of Atkinson's chippy!!!

I claim my bag of scraps.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Gnasher » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:32 pm

That, coming from you, is one of the most hypocritical statements I have ever read.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion