COLIN & JASON

Re: COLIN & JASON

Postby redrobo » Sat May 11, 2024 4:44 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:How do people feel about PMG nowadays? He played a massive part in our rise from non league but probably caused a lot of this recent trouble.

Is he a Legend or did he sell us out?

PMG used to be a client of mine and always found him to be hard to deal with BUT when we delivered he was always complimentary about my company and the way we looked after him.

As for his MFC ownership etc i did feel at the time that he was sold a pup by the designers of the Maz who i understand had no experience of designing a sports stadium. Also the Globe Developers didn't do much to alter the design of the stadium which as developers they had an influence.

Selling the club to Jason and Co was for me a sign of desperation on the part of PMG for whatever reasons at the time.

In hindsight I do wonder if PMG regrets the selling process BUT how many of us at the time expressed concern about who took over and was only until the rugby disaster did we start to raise our concerns fearing as it has now proved that they were and are unfit to own a sports complex and club such as ours.

I can't see any light at the end of a tunnel at the moment and really do fear for the future of our club if Jason and Co are unable to sell to a fit and proper body.

Interestingly Rod in hs very candid interview said that his preferred option would be for the club to be owned by a local consortium. I seem to recall expressing that same preference some time ago.

Here's hoping...... :) :) :)
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2024 9:18 pm

We should start an "Alan Nixon talking bollocks" thread. Here is his latest.

https://twitter.com/TheSunFootball/stat ... 7BV7g&s=19

USA USA USA
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:27 pm

Would be fantastic if this is true but let's see
Redalert1970

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 pm

He's bound to get one right.......eventually
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:56 pm

Sad thing is it's been reported on by Alan Nixon and it's in the sun
Redalert1970

Postby Wild Bill » Sat May 11, 2024 10:14 pm

I think PMG had the club's best interests at heart. However he was a businessman and obviously wanted out. This lead to him selling to a chancer. You can't really compare him to Jason. I never trusted Jason or Colin but what choice did we have after the Lemos/Bernard farse?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:24 pm

Hopefully these Americans are genuine

PLEASE PLEASE
Redalert1970

Postby Hodgie1978 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:27 pm

Remember that our board don't have any clue who's talking to Jason.
So I some how don't believe Alan Nixon does.
Hodgie1978

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat May 11, 2024 11:11 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:Remember that our board don't have any clue who's talking to Jason.
So I some how don't believe Alan Nixon does.

Well let's hope that in this case Nixon does know something. Jason knows he will have to find another payroll in just over 2 weeks and that will have his undivided attention hopefully.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby glagys » Sun May 12, 2024 4:12 am

And his £10k fine or £20k in not paid by end May if that’s correct plus the wages,
hope he has some money somewhere
glagys

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 12, 2024 4:26 am

I think the local consortium preference is a romantic one, but maybe a bit "little Morecambe"

To maintain Morecambes league status, let alone improve it, requires a scale of investment that may be a bit beyond a few local business owning supporters , its not just buying the club thats required , its also servicing the annual debts.

Jason will probably sell at the eleventh hour as the scramble to raise bail out funds must be getting harder each month.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone with money is waiting in the wings for a "fire sale" .
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Billy bodger » Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I think the local consortium preference is a romantic one, but maybe a bit "little Morecambe"

To maintain Morecambes league status, let alone improve it, requires a scale of investment that may be a bit beyond a few local business owning supporters , its not just buying the club thats required , its also servicing the annual debts.

Jason will probably sell at the eleventh hour as the scramble to raise bail out funds must be getting harder each month.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone with money is waiting in the wings for a "fire sale" .

The fire sale will only happen if the Club goes into administration. I can understand why some are calling for it because the sale is taken out of JW’s hands, but for me that would be at to higher cost. (-12pionts)

Who ever is the Intrested party, when Ben says they are serious, they have to be serious. I personally think JW may be finally seeing his intransigence has not paid off, when it comes to his valuation of the Club I believe that there is now serious movement on his price, (For example; it would be stupid to still be asking for the same figure as when the Bond Group put us up for sale 20 moths ago as a new League 1 Club).

I would also think a lot of brinkmanship and wanting to squeeze something out of each other will be going on in any negotiations would be a fair assessment of where we are. In other words they are both sussing each other out before they cross the T’s and dot the I’s.

Probably a long way to go yet and it can all just so easily collapse, as these things do, but let’s hope something is happening, yes!
Billy bodger

Postby sandgrown » Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 pm

I've always had the feeling that J & C want the club to fail and go under in the vain hope that they could get round the covenant and get their hands on the land !
sandgrown

Postby KenH » Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 pm

sandgrown wrote:I've always had the feeling that J & C want the club to fail and go under in the vain hope that they could get round the covenant and get their hands on the land !

The land is owned by the JB Christie Trust. MFC Limited just rent it at a peppercorn rent under a long leasehold. Whatever happens to MFC Limited, the land would remain being owned by the JBC Trust who could then "lease" it to some other organisation as long as it was used for community/sports etc (whatever the original trust deeds specify). That is all assuming the the lawyers etc who drafted the original JBC Trust and who dealt with the transfer of the trust from Christie Park to Westgate didn't botch up the legal agreements!

I "own" a small office through my limited company via a long lease. The terms of the lease are that if my limited company gets struck off, the lease is void and the property reverts back to the ownership of the freeholder. I would imagine a trust like the JBC Trust is similar to a freeholder in a owner/tenant situation, as after all, MFC is simply a tenant of the JBC Trust and only has legal right to use the land for community/sports purposes. The "assets" owned by MFC are the buildings (stands, hospitality, offices, etc) built on the land, not the land itself, which is probably why potential buyers don't see the same kind of value in MFC as the owners (PMG onwards) think it is worth!
KenH

Postby Billy bodger » Sun May 12, 2024 2:54 pm

Who ever they are I wonder if they are the same people from afar that DA was talking about before it all fell through and he upped sticks?

If so and it all goes through this time will we see DA back again??

That will please the Berlin Waller, but can he rely on Alan Nixon being right??

Look it could be a load of *%#@&* and we have to just wait and see.
Billy bodger

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Mr Goldring became a Director of a new company last year. The company has already had a compulsary strike off action against it just last week
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun May 12, 2024 4:27 pm

Billy bodger wrote:Who ever they are I wonder if they are the same people from afar that DA was talking about before it all fell through and he upped sticks?

You would think something would have to develop this week. Next Saturday is the deadline for announcing a retained/released list and to retain anyone then that embargo needs lifting pronto. Then 2 weeks on Tuesday is the next payroll day !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Sun May 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:Who ever they are I wonder if they are the same people from afar that DA was talking about before it all fell through and he upped sticks?

You would think something would have to develop this week. Next Saturday is the deadline for announcing a retained/released list and to retain anyone then that embargo needs lifting pronto. Then 2 weeks on Tuesday is the next payroll day !

I agree with you Gone shrimping, as I have posted on here before, embargo lifted, wages paid, new manager (even if he’s been here before) put in post start building a new squad.

The ownership can take its time a bit so that it all goes through with as little fuss as possible.

JW needs to do what he has been saying he wants before he gets to the point nobody is Intrested.

Maybe Tyson can get his excellency Turki Al Sheikh Intrested?
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Mon May 13, 2024 8:50 am

sandgrown wrote:I've always had the feeling that J & C want the club to fail and go under in the vain hope that they could get round the covenant and get their hands on the land !

I thought along similar lines, in that, I always wondered if they thought they had bought the land as well as the club, and we'd be looking at a housing estate by now? Only after buying it did they realise the land wasn't theirs?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Mon May 13, 2024 9:10 am

Keith wrote:

I thought along similar lines, in that, I always wondered if they thought they had bought the land as well as the club, and we'd be looking at a housing estate by now? Only after buying it did they realise the land wasn't theirs?

The land must have been registered when we moved grounds and it would be made pretty clear on the register that it was in trust. They'd have had to have had a pretty poor solicitor to miss that.
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Mon May 13, 2024 12:52 pm

black morse wrote:
Keith wrote:

The land must have been registered when we moved grounds and it would be made pretty clear on the register that it was in trust. They'd have had to have had a pretty poor solicitor to miss that.

Or really poor businessmen?
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Mon May 13, 2024 12:56 pm

Thank fully the land will always be used for the benfit of the local population.

I've often wondered had the stadium not been in a Trust if the club would have been sold before now.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 pm

redrobo wrote:Thank fully the land will always be used for the benfit of the local population.

I've often wondered had the stadium not been in a Trust if the club would have been sold before now.... :?: :?: :?:

If the land had not been in trust there would probably have been no Morecambe FC by now :roll:
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:44 pm

Another day goes by and still NO positive news

Oh well maybe tomorrow
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm

black morse wrote:They'd have had to have had a pretty poor solicitor to miss that.

Wasn't one of them a solicitor who then got disbarred? I know they were banned from being directors of a company for a year.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion