Former Shrimps Thread

Re: Former Shrimps Thread

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:52 pm

The scorer of the first Barrow goal Tuton was training with us on trial for a week last year or the year before.

The Aldershot goalkeeper was at fault for both goals and what a mess Beeley made of the lad's leg !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Nathan Bondswell is now out in Florida with UCF Knights !!!

http://ucfknights.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4180
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby skeletor » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:04 pm

cole stockton scores 3 goals in tranmeres 5-1 win over barrow in f a trophy
skeletor

Postby skeletor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:05 pm

kevan hurst scores for guiseley against barrow tonight,he is on loan from mansfield
skeletor

Postby skeletor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 pm

alessandra scores for hartlepool,amond has scored as well
skeletor

Postby John L » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:48 pm

parkyboy wrote:Dave Artell appointed mgr of Crewe

How dairy! :lol:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39130682
John L

Postby John L » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Scott Davies and Cole Stockton start for Tranmere at Chester this evening on BT Sport, with Jim Harvey punditerating! :D
John L

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:27 pm

John L wrote:Scott Davies and Cole Stockton start for Tranmere at Chester this evening on BT Sport, with Jim Harvey punditerating! :D

On the odd occasion that Scott pumped the ball upfield rather than throw to one of his defenders Tranmere scored their third and eventual winner. Tranmere looked good in patches playing it on the deck more than in the air.

Tranmere now in second position and in line for at least one Wembley appearance. Cole didn't impress on this occasion for me and was taken off with around 30 to go.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Lurchy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Garry Worrall came into our work the other day. He is managing director of a goal equipment company. He said he played 5 games for us in the 80s after what sounds a fairly successful career else where
Everybody Love Everybody
Lurchy

Postby glagys » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Tom scored for PNE today
glagys

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 am

Lurchy wrote:Garry Worrall came into our work the other day. He is managing director of a goal equipment company. He said he played 5 games for us in the 80s after what sounds a fairly successful career else where

He did indeed.

I don't remember much about his games at all, but he did play up front alongside Steve Parry so he won't have got much/any help there....!!!

Just after Eric Whalley departed the managers chair I'm sure it was.

Billy Wright brought him into the club.
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Barks scores second goal in 2games and gives pne a point v Derby in the 96th minute
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby KenH » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Barky scored another 2 for Preston yesterday. 4 in 3 consecutive games now.
KenH

Postby glagys » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Hope we had a sell on clause on barks ???
glagys

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 pm

KenH wrote:Barky scored another 2 for Preston yesterday. 4 in 3 consecutive games now.

Just watched the highlights, clearly ran the show. One of the goals was brilliant and his run from virtually the edge of his own box, leaving 2 on their backsides, beating another and nearly scoring was awesome, ending up an assist having run 90 yards

In the situation we were in i cant see us negotiating a sell on?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:03 pm

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Barky won EFL goal of the weekend grrrrrrrr
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby KenH » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:39 am

glagys wrote:Hope we had a sell on clause on barks ???

Doesn't sound like it. In Jim's post match interview after Newport he was talking about the loss of "our best player" Barky and that the people handling the sale "should have got a better deal". I wonder which of our directors was handling the sale at that time? It's unlike Jim to be critical like that, but if we really didn't get much for him and didn't get a sell on clause, it must be a kick in the teeth after Jim/Ken found Barky and propelled him upwards.
KenH

Postby bill ding » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 am

KenH wrote:

Doesn't sound like it. In Jim's post match interview after Newport he was talking about the loss of "our best player" Barky and that the people handling the sale "should have got a better deal". I wonder which of our directors was handling the sale at that time? It's unlike Jim to be critical like that, but if we really didn't get much for him and didn't get a sell on clause, it must be a kick in the teeth after Jim/Ken found Barky and propelled him upwards.

Heard that Ken and thought the same , i can only think there was not enough time to sort out the finer points during the panic to sell for cash :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:52 am

KenH wrote:

Wasn't it done when everyone thought that Diego was the top banana ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby KenH » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:12 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
KenH wrote:

Wasn't it done when everyone thought that Diego was the top banana ?

I think Diego had already disappeared by then.
KenH

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 am

Doesn't sound like it. In Jim's post match interview after Newport he was talking about the loss of "our best player" Barky and that the people handling the sale "should have got a better deal". I wonder which of our directors was handling the sale at that time? It's unlike Jim to be critical like that, but if we really didn't get much for him and didn't get a sell on clause, it must be a kick in the teeth after Jim/Ken found Barky and propelled him upwards.[/quote]

Wasn't it done when everyone thought that Diego was the top banana ?[/quote]

I think Diego had already disappeared by then.[/quote]

I thought it was early November when Barky left the club as it was the October salaries that it was supposedly raising cash for. And Diego was last seen at the Coventry replay in mid November.
I don't think Jim would have been critical of any of the regular board members.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 pm

KenH wrote:

From the BBC Football site just now:

Morecambe boss Jim Bentley has questioned whether the club negotiated the best deal for Tom Barkhuizen when he moved to Preston in January.

He has scored four goals in eight games since his move to the Lilywhites.

Ex-Blackpool player Barkhuizen, 23, had mutually cancelled his deal at the Shrimps but the League Two side did get compensation for the transfer.

"Let's not forget we've sold our best player who is now pulling up trees at Preston," said Bentley.

He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "For me, the people who negotiated that deal could've done better.

"Without going too in depth because he could easily get a move again, there are certain things that I was unhappy with in that department."

Seasider9601

Postby jon MFC fan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:30 pm

better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Barky scores again! JB will be happy!! Funny that he starts talking about his transfer when we are struggling. Didn't say much at the time about the transfer or while Barky wasn't playing. Was supposed to have staved off our financial crisis at the time too.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion