COLIN & JASON

Re: COLIN & JASON

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Maybe the results won`t improve

But calling people IDIOTS is totally out of order just because they have there own opinion - an apology should be forthcoming

People resort to such language when they are struggling to get their points across John. I wouldn't worry. Brexit Voting Racists and f*cking idiots has gone unpunished in the last 2 days. Don't stoop to their level mate.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:15 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:

But calling people IDIOTS is totally out of order just because they have there own opinion - an apology should be forthcoming

People resort to such language when they are struggling to get their points across John. I wouldn't worry. Brexit Voting Racists and f*cking idiots has gone unpunished in the last 2 days. Don't stoop to their level mate.

The pair of you, enough to make angels rip their wings off, don't keep on chipping away and acting like complete t*ats and expect others not to challenge you.
HALMA 1983

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Not chipping away at anything … league table and results do not lie

Any other club in England would have sacked the manager by now but hey ho (no one is untouchable)

Lets see how Jim does at Fylde
Redalert1970

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:28 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

The pair of you, enough to make angels rip their wings off, don't keep on chipping away and acting like complete t*ats and expect others not to challenge you.

:lol:
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Does a fit and proper boss vote for a manager to be sacked on a social media poll??....and do decent people want that type of tosser owning their club?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Andy D » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:27 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Does a fit and proper boss vote for a manager to be sacked on a social media poll??....and do decent people want that type of tosser owning their club?

Lets put this into context.

Vote like a referendum, box 1 or 2

1) do you want to be skint failing to pay players and staff resulting into going bust like Bury FC

2) have a Tosser(not my wording) owning their club
Andy D

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:32 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Does a fit and proper boss vote for a manager to be sacked on a social media poll??....and do decent people want that type of tosser owning their club?
A fit and proper owner would have just sacked him
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
A fit and proper owner would have just sacked him

:lol:
BerlinWaller

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:06 am

Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:35 am

Let’s see who they bring in and how the next 30 games go

Still 90 points to play for 6 months of the season to go

Hopefully a new manager will be in place before the Blackpool game next week
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:59 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Let’s see who they bring in and how the next 30 games go

Still 90 points to play for 6 months of the season to go

Hopefully a new manager will be in place before the Blackpool game next week

That is definitely what counts right now R, move MFC forward and upward.
Slanester

Postby Ispyshrimp » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:01 am

JB has done many great things for our club and is a legend however most will also agree that he has struggled over the last couple of years especially and also stated that the club had helped him bring in the players needed last January when we went on the great run till the end of the season last year, were i thought we played our best football for a while.

being a JB fan and also knowing how business work, if we take a step back could it be that both owners know they don't know much about football which is why the day to day running of the club is left to Rod.

also what owners are actually football fans or have an actual connection with the club they have purchased, i know there are a few, Flyde, Fleetwood, Forest Green, however i would imagine that the others try to run it as a business.

could it be that JB didn't like questions being asked of him when previously under the PMG regime he was never questioned, how many of us have line managers or business owners who wish to know or to ensure we are doing our jobs as we should, i would guess the majority of us.
i think that they are right i when they have said that things went on for longer than they maybe should have, again our great family club have been very loyal and are different to a lot of other clubs that why most players who come here enjoy their time here because of us, the fans, the staff of our club Morecambe Fc

I also realised that i think that the owners made some silly school boy errors with the Paul Ince and facebook situations, but i also think that if they didn't have respect for our club, JB would have also been sacked a while ago (pains me to say it as JB has done wonders for us over years and should be respected)

The team put together by JB this season had quite a few of us excited for the season ahead just sad is so far hasn't gone our way,

2 years ago the team were training on Morecambe high school, now they train at Lancaster University and in JB's words were that this has made a hell of a difference and actually put it down to our improvements last year, again this was done by the owners. getting someone in who has done well with trying to get local business involved has happened as shows with sponsors however the stadium is a question as to why its not be sorted!!

yes the owners are not perfect, lack of communication at times is a concern however, a lot of fans had no respect for PMG and we ended up in a mess, these 2 guys no matter what peoples opinion are of them have done some good for the club, have made changes, have out people who care about the club in day to day charge and given JB more time than any other owners.
I Bet Bury fans would be happy to swap places at this moment in time
Saturday comes and we should all pull together for the sake of our team and club

COYS
Ispyshrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 am

Rumours of new ownership going round today
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:48 am

BerlinWaller wrote:I wouldn't worry. Brexit Voting Racists and f*cking idiots has gone unpunished in the last 2 days.

I can’t see a ‘reported post’ from you?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:59 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I wouldn't worry. Brexit Voting Racists and f*cking idiots has gone unpunished in the last 2 days.

Sorry Keith, was on Radio Lancs. A reputable source.

Not in the business of reporting Adults for not being able to offer a sensible arguement without resorting to insults and slander.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:01 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:

Sorry Keith, was on Radio Lancs. A reputable source.

Radio Lancashire reported that people were saying “Brexit Voting Racists” & “f*cking idiots” on ShrimpsVoices??? Must be a slow news day!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am

You are on Holiday man, enjoy yourself. Jim is happy, safe and well in Fylde. You have an election to look forward too. You can preach to and judge all us thicko's to your hearts content toll December. Cheer up.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:15 am

BerlinWaller wrote:You are on Holiday man, enjoy yourself. Jim is happy, safe and well in Fylde. You have an election to look forward too. You can preach to and judge all us thicko's to your hearts content toll December. Cheer up.

I’m having a great holiday. But that means only a cursory glance through here. If you see abusive language used, please press the ‘report’ button in case I miss it. Ta muchly.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:19 am

P
Last edited by BerlinWaller on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 am

Well worth a listen. Colin speaking to Radio Lancs.

https://twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/statu ... 84000?s=19
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:33 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Well worth a listen. Colin speaking to Radio Lancs.

https://twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/statu ... 84000?s=19

Interesting about interest from some local(s).

I want to believe that their intentions are genuine and to some extent I can go along with their comment about being based in London and therefore rely very much on the Globe based Directors who I understand have daily telephone calls with the owners which is logical.

I hope that they are intent on letting our home based Directors have influence in the next managerial appointment after all it is they who will have to work day to day with the new team but as owners they have to have some input as well.

Just going back to JB and his interviews following his appointment at AFC, he goes on about how his bosses are based at the club and that contact is very easy. With all due respect to JB that is no different than him having daily contact with Rod at our club or for that matter any of the back room staff. :o
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:45 am

Lets play devils advocate a minute.

Most people would prefer a consortium of local business men, however would these people be already to attached to the club so would it stop them making significant changes.

Maybe a fresh pair of eyes fro outside is what we need a complete review top to bottom from someone with no history/emotion towards the club.

Even when Cala was here making noises some of the observations he made at the time although they wound people up he wasn't wrong, the pitch was a vegie patch and was the off field stuff working as efficiently as it could?

We don't like it when people comes in and make comments about our beloved club but maybe they have a point and that is why companies pay for external consultants to come in and revie their performance and give recommendations.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby KenH » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:04 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Lets play devils advocate a minute.......Maybe a fresh pair of eyes fro outside is what we need a complete review top to bottom from someone with no history/emotion towards the club.

Personally, I agree with that. I think the entire club on and off the pitch has become stale. New eyes are needed for all areas. Of course, that doesn't mean the existing board, dept managers and staff need to have their noses pushed out of joint. Any decent new owners should want to build on what we have, what works, etc., and bring in new ideas to improve what we have and knowing some of the people at The Globe, I'm sure they'd be amenable to sensible suggestions as long as they're backed up by either resources or other support to make it happen. At the end of the day, a new pair of eyes can work wonders - with the best will in the World, it's very easy for people to become blinkered.

Your points re Cala are interesting - what he said, I thought was about right, i.e. making more of the facilities, the state of the pitch etc - obviously, the way he was going about it was completely wrong, i.e. handing out redundancy notices!

With Jim's move to Flyde, I was looking at their website and was pretty impressed with their website and the facilities they offer. I've always thought our website was pretty poor, hard to navigate, not really a "showcase" for the facilities etc. Last night, I enjoyed listening to their live audio (free) link from their excellent Twitter account. Morecambe could do so much more, very cheaply with social media etc rather than treating it as the enemy - that's the kind of new ideas we need.
KenH

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:02 pm

KenH wrote:Last night, I enjoyed listening to their live audio (free) link from their excellent Twitter account. Morecambe could do so much more, very cheaply with social media etc rather than treating it as the enemy - that's the kind of new ideas we need.

I agree, but do they have someone paid to do it? I genuinely don't know... but we don't have anything like the spare capacity. I think the likes of Rod would agree with most of the observations re the facilities, but again, where does the time (money) come from in order to make the improvements? It is chicken & egg. If the fabled consortium did come to fruition, then hopefully they will bring in capacity to concentrate on those issues? Speculate to accumulate etc. I've said for a long time that the 'match day experience' has been poor for far too many fans. We were served up dreadful football but the 'experience' was such that we kept going no matter what. It was a place to meet friends and have a pint then let off steam! Morecambe was family and we were all part of it... in it together. We've lost that too.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:24 pm

We certainly need some new life and ideas injecting into the club. Our board only consists of three of the old guard plus the two mainly absent owners.

It would be beneficial to hang on to Rod and co as they provide a useful link to the history of the club and of course the fans. However, to move things on we'd need several new board members with certain skill sets as well as a chief executive and other departmental managers currently missing to run things more effectively.
Wild Bill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion