COLIN & JASON

Re: COLIN & JASON

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:40 pm

Whoever buys it fan do what they like...Colin and Jason have no buyers.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:58 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Whoever buys it fan do what they like...Colin and Jason have no buyers.

Just like Steve Coppell is the new manager?
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm

Haha that was quick....I just won half a dozen eggs off a director!! :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Haha that was quick....I just won half a dozen eggs off a director!! :lol:

Is that a farmyard smell I detect :roll:
Born again Bill

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:10 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Haha that was quick....I just won half a dozen eggs off a director!! :lol:

At least he is paying you for your company now
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Wild Bill wrote:We certainly need some new life and ideas injecting into the club. Our board only consists of three of the old guard plus the two mainly absent owners.

Yes it has thinned out a bit from -

PMG
Graham Hodgson
Rod
Peter Cross
Mark Mace
David Robinson
Steve Wright
Brian Fagan
Mark Dixon
Graham Howse
Angela Lumb

...and of course Nigel Adams, David Brockbank, Gary taylor, Mike Hinchcliffe and the Althams have been and gone since
Last edited by marky No.1 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Add Neil Marsdin to that list too Mark who was Club and Company Secretary
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Add Neil Marsdin to that list too Mark who was Club and Company Secretary

Yes, I was just naming Directors though, even back to Dave Derham :o

Huge saving on tea and coffee anyway ;)
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:52 pm

And the late great Ken Parker
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:And the late great Ken Parker

Aye 8 1/2 years now :(
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Sure there is a post missing on here?

Well done Rod Taylor. Great words at half time about our owners. People might not like them for whatever reasons but there would not be a club without them.
Last edited by BerlinWaller on Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:50 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Sure there is a post missing on here?

Well done Rod Taylor. Greet words at half time about our owners. People might not like them for whatever reasons but there would not be a club without them.

Not looking to spar, but others might have come in :?: For now though, we take the baton and run. COYS.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:59 pm

An old saying

You dont bite the hand that Feeds you!

Should go without saying..
Andy D

Postby Slanester » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Andy D wrote:An old saying

You dont bite the hand's that Feed you!

Not sure if that is aimed at me AD, or a generalisation to all?
I agree, and have had my say, but will, to use another old saying, sleep with one eye open.
Brilliant result today.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Slanester wrote:
Andy D wrote:An old saying

You dont bite the hand's that Feed you!

Not sure if that is aimed at me AD, or a generalisation to all?
I agree, and have had my say, but will, to use another old saying, sleep with one eye open.
Brilliant result today.

To all, it's far worse on the Facebook Fans Group to be fair.
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:36 pm

One footy club might not be enough for our owners....

Or

Are we the next MK Dons?
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ines-lane/
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:07 pm

I think this needs another bump and for people to read the article.
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Wouldn't put it past them.
mrpotatohead

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 pm

A worrying read there Berlin, the second comment sets alarm bells ringing but who knows what goes on behind closed doors?
I seriously don't think many lower league sides are truly safe from going out of business as things stand, the league set up is all wrong.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:10 am

But Goldring... ...revealed Warriors had already switched focus to developing a "multi-sport" facility at Sixways, including its own football club.

I think it is important to give some background, being transparent with the supporters of the rugby club is something Jason and I believe in,” said Goldring.

“We want to serve our community as best we can and believe that is done through multi-sport with rugby at the heart of it.

“We have always wanted to bring in other sports with football being a big part of it because we want to reach out to that community. That’s our focus more than bringing in a first team that is in whatever tier of the league system

I really don't know what that means? Surely it is against League rules for an owner to have an interest in more than one club? Paul Scholes had to sell his shares in then still non-League Salford in order to become manager at Oldham, so how can they own us and any other team in Worcester?

Either they are confident of off-loading us quickly or... any other options? Why have talks with Worcester City while still owning us? Some of that transparency up north please guys.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:13 am

Keith wrote:
But Goldring... ...revealed Warriors had already switched focus to developing a "multi-sport" facility at Sixways, including its own football club.

I think it is important to give some background, being transparent with the supporters of the rugby club is something Jason and I believe in,” said Goldring.

“We want to serve our community as best we can and believe that is done through multi-sport with rugby at the heart of it.

“We have always wanted to bring in other sports with football being a big part of it because we want to reach out to that community. That’s our focus more than bringing in a first team that is in whatever tier of the league system

I really don't know what that means? Surely it is against League rules for an owner to have an interest in more than one club? Paul Scholes had to sell his shares in then still non-League Salford in order to become manager at Oldham, so how can they own us and any other team in Worcester?

Either they are confident of off-loading us quickly or... any other options? Why have talks with Worcester City while still owning us? Some of that transparency up north please guys.

Scholes interest in Salford was babysat and the moment it went tits up at Oldham, he was back the next day.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:17 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Keith wrote:

Scholes interest in Salford was babysat and the moment it went tits up at Oldham, he was back the next day.

Yes, but he still had to get rid of his interest in Salford no matter how short his tenure.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:53 am

They have a large stadium that they will see as a resource. If they can get a football team playing there as well as a RU team, they will improve their income. You can see why they want to do so because they are businessmen chasing a pound note.

Putting all that aside, where does it leave us? Could they relocate our club like MK Dons, taking our league status to Worcester and rebranding the club? Is a sale imminent and they are planning their next step?
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Wonder why we've heard nothing from the owners about the appointment of DA... :?: :?: :?:

No words of welcome or any indication about whether he will be given some money to negotiate new signings come January. Maybe they have told him that money is available now that JB has gone but that they do not want to make it public until DA starts to 'wheel and deal' come the January transfer window.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Bit worrying this. Does anyone know how MK Don's were allowed to steal Wimbledon's league spot? Was it just because they were homeless for a good ten years?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion