**Breaking News** - Globe Arena Opening Delayed

Re: **Breaking News** - Globe Arena Opening Delayed

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Brian and the directors have obviously got to stay focused on getting the thing ready and stay positive, but with no end to the project, no staff in place, and of course no snagging being done yet, I think a two week delay may still be wildly optomistic. I still hope it will be great when it's done, and I'm sure a few new signings by Sammy will raise morale a bit. I'm more concerned that the playing staff and management team are going to feel like strangers in their own home.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 pm

The last point you make about the players and management concerns me, too. Using Colchester United as an example, it took them months to get used to their new surroundings a couple of seasons ago and the fact the players won't even be able to make use of the training facilities, let alone play in the stadium, until a day before our first home game against Coventry is deeply worrying. I say a day before because I would imagine they will be travelling down to Wycombe on the 6th. No matter what gloss Brian Fagan tries to put on it in his Bay interview, nothing can mask what is an utter farce. Related to this, I really wish there was someone in the local press who actually asked tough questions. I mean, seriously, that Bay interview was nothing more than a scripted press release...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Trevor » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Callum wrote:Keith you've summed it up and coming from someone like you it speaks volumes. It is a farce and what's worse, whenever it does get finished, it's quite frankly an embarrassment. I won't bother ranting on about the north stand (or lack of), the building down the side of the pitch (this has to be a world first for purpose built stadiums), the home and away terraces having the same capacity and perhaps worst of all (allegedly) no shed for the groundstaff! :lol:

I don't think certain posters will be using the phrase "leave it to the experts" anymore.

"The new home stand will accommodate 2234 standing spectators and will have bar and catering outlets in a large enclosed concourse to the rear of the stand.
The away stand will accommodate 1389 standing visitors and will have its own bar and catering outlet."
Trevor

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm

The only questions to be asked are 'Why' and 'Who / What is to blame'.

Somehow I think we will never get to know and that rumour will rule!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm

This is absolutely despicable news to be honest and doesn’t do our club any favours at all. If Chesterfield can get their ground ready on time then we should be able to. No excuses can be made I’m afraid but it doesn’t shine too well on Globe Construction does it? Having their name on a stadium that they failed to deliver in time!

Not only does this leave us with less pre-season games (unless more are organised) but also means that the players will not have the chance to play at the new ground before a full competitive game is played there. Not good. Four friendlies remain, 2 on consecutive days so that means players can at most get 3 games as it stands. Something will HAVE to be sorted.

I bet Sammy is fuming.
Morecambe Jack

Postby al1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 pm

i cant believe how many so called 'supporters' just cant wait to slag people off about this.these reactions are shocking.
al1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Don't think that we are ever going to find out who is to blame and why it has taken untill now to make the news public so it will be rumour who has the final say.
heysham_mfc

Postby John L » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 pm

al1 wrote:i cant believe how many so called 'supporters' just cant wait to slag people off about this.these reactions are shocking.

Well you have to admit the news is a tad disappointing.... :roll:
John L

Postby Curly » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Has anyone looked out of their window lately?
People running around screaming, blood and carnage everywhere, it's like a scene from Mad Max!
Mothers throwing their children in skips, drunk on cheap gin, prophets fortelling the end of world,
in the distance four cloaked horsemen ride their steeds over the piles of festering corpses.
There's a lunar eclipse, dogs howl and cars burn, even the DFS sale is over!
"Whats happening,Daddy?" a young voice cries
"Morecambe have cancelled three friendlies, son"
:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Shit happens, nobody got hurt, whats the big deal, do you realise, one day, everyone you know will die :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Curly wrote:Has anyone looked out of their window lately?
People running around screaming, blood and carnage everywhere, it's like a scene from Mad Max!
Mothers throwing their children in skips, drunk on cheap gin, prophets fortelling the end of world,
in the distance four cloaked horsemen ride their steeds over the piles of festering corpses.

and still life in Lancaster must go on :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

al1 wrote:i cant believe how many so called 'supporters' just cant wait to slag people off about this.these reactions are shocking.

do be brief, what reaction do you expect? everyone to whistle a happy tune? I've not seen anyone critcise the club, management, players, who we all believe in. but you can't expect people to be happy.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
bigreddog

Postby Curly » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Shit happens, nobody got hurt, whats the big deal, do you realise, one day, everyone you know will die :?:

Amen :lol:

Curly

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Curly wrote:Has anyone looked out of their window lately?

WOLVES AND LYNCH MOB..........................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Trevor » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm off down there tomorow to buy a season ticket so I can rip it up in disgust!
Trevor

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Blackpool don't get to play at home till the end of August. They will sure have some catching up to do by then :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Shrimpman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

After visiting the new ground on saturday inside & out the news that it wont be ready comes as no surprise.There is still alot of building work to be done, ie the blockwork for the "kit form" turnstiles for all parts of the ground. I believe the north terrace will most likley have to be removed & re-done as the steps are not deep enough.The dugouts need to be built, the remaining seats need to be put in place.
There were tradesmen working mainly in the main stand doing electrics & plumbing.The floodlight pilons are in place but there are no lights on them.Most of the toilets need to be fitted out. As yet there are no facilities for groundstaff.
If it is to be ready by early August I think the contractors will have to be working long hours.
It is dissapointing & I hope we get an explanation as to what has gone wrong with the schedules. :(

people who know me on FB will have seen my pics from Saturday
Shrimpman

Postby Curly » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Trevor wrote:I'm off down there tomorow to buy a season ticket so I can rip it up in disgust!

PMSL :lol:

Curly

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Better for the stadium to be finished late than try to cut corners just to make a deadline! Is a disapointment but once we see the finished ground it will soon be forgotten. Get a grip people :twisted: As to the loss of the friendlies, how many people used to turnn out to see them at Christie Park? Rarely got to see more than a few hundred!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 pm

many thanks for that info, very interesting to hear all that first hand knowledge. will the contractors be able to work round the clock for instance? or would there be something in the planning permission to prevent that to minimise disruption to residents?
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm

there's a good chance a lot of them construction workers will have only been taken on temporary, and then when the ground is completed they then get what ?

so i can see there being a attitude of "just take your time mate will spin this job out, just look busy when one of the Boss's comes round"

i do find this fairly commen myself when working with other tradesmen on building sites etc
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 pm

If all the people that had logged on tonight had laid a brick everything would be hunky dory
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:56 pm

DawZi wrote:there's a good chance a lot of them construction workers will have only been taken on temporary, and then when the ground is completed they then get what ?

so i can see there being a attitude of "just take your time mate will spin this job out, just look busy when one of the Boss's comes round"

i do find this fairly commen myself when working with other tradesmen on building sites etc

perhaps you should of been consruction manager then and we could have slagged you off
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

:lol: every brick in a wall :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Better for the stadium to be finished late than try to cut corners just to make a deadline! Is a disapointment but once we see the finished ground it will soon be forgotten. Get a grip people :twisted: As to the loss of the friendlies, how many people used to turnn out to see them at Christie Park? Rarely got to see more than a few hundred!

I'm not sure you get the point re: the friendlies. It is the potential disruption for the players that worries me. We will have to arrange some more because no team can ever be described as ready for the start of a new season on the back of 4 friendly matches. To be honest, I don't really agree with your first point, either. A number of people (who do not ever post on this forum) were already expressing slight disappointment about the stadium design and were wondering how, regardless of the extra facilities, it had all cost £12 million. A delay will only serve to entrench such feelings. With the best will in the world, the new stadium is hardly going to take breath away to such an extent that the overrun will simply be forgotten ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion