Twissy

Re: Twissy

Postby NeilG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for the many fantastic memories Michael but a couple of really special ones spring to mind. Your goal at Burton, we were stood in a direct line between your boot and the top corner of the goal, I thought the net was going to burst and the ball hit me in the face it was hit so hard and fast :-) and your goal at Hull, we were sat with your dad, could see he was bursting with pride as we all jumped around like teenagers :-) Feel gutted that we didn't get the opportunity to say thank you and goodbye properly, I hope someone at the club will arrange for that to happen at our end of an era celebrations. Best wishes for the future, come back and see us soon !!
NeilG

Postby Barry Poo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:49 am

Reading all the great memories I can actually feel myself welling up ha ha what a soft bastard :lol: :oops: :cry:
Barry Poo

Postby George Dawes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:49 pm

if you are reading Twissy i hope you prove a small minority on here, who think you cant cut it on a consistent level in L2 very very wrong

and secure a move more local to Manchester ie. Bury, Rochdale or Accy Stanley and do you stuff ;)

thanks for your great service!
George Dawes

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:43 pm

I just wanted to come on here and say how sad I am to hear that Michael Twiss is no longer a part of MFC :cry:
He has been my favourite player from the moment he signed and I will always feel that we were trully blessed to have someone so naturally talented as he was, His skill at times was just breathtaking and i'd like to add my own personal thanks to him for all the excitement, goals and flair he brought to the club.

Michael Twiss.....................................THE GREATEST!
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Thank you Michael for years worth of fantastic memories and we treasure the photo of your Wembley shirt with the winners medal.

Legend falls well short, God comes close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleLjX56 ... re=channel
morecambe mick

Postby drinkduffbeers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:32 pm

I've watched many players come and go over the years

However I'm gutted to hear of your departure

Michael you have been A True Morecambe FC Legend and a pleasure to watch

Thankyou and all the very best in your future endeavours
drinkduffbeers

Postby ockers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:59 pm

maybe we need a hall of fame in the new stadium of players who have had such great careers at the club

credit Jim Harvey for bringing you to the club a great if not one of his best ever signings
Michael without hesitation should be in that hall of fame

its that memory of twissy time and again edge of the 18 yard box quick run left side and sweetly blasting one past the keeper..................
good luck michael for the future it was wonderful what you did here.........
ockers

Postby Castaway » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 am

Wow, just read the news. As someone said earlier on, I can't remember being more excited by a signing than when we finally signed Michael up. I guess it is it's inevitable but a shock all the same.

There are too many special goals from the lethal left foot but a few of my favorites:

- Hull in the cup (i'd pay good money to see that again)
- Accy at home with a stunning two goals
- Halifax away with a neat Garry Hunter one-two and then bang
- Cambridge away (best team and individual MFC goal ever?)
The list goes on...

No pressure on our next number 7 then?!!

Twissy thank you for the memories, goals and absolute dedication to our club. Best of luck for the future.
Castaway

Postby John L » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Castaway wrote:No pressure on our next number 7 then?!!

I bet Man Utd fans were thinking the same when Ronaldo left... :lol:
John L

Postby Bradford_Shrimp » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:41 pm

This is sad news indeed. One of the best players to wear the colours. So many great moments to savour. Like many others I'm very sorry to see him go, but it is certain that he will not be forgotten among any privileged to see any of his moments of brilliance and excitement for MFC.

Good luck Michael, your tribute to the fans is matched many times over by the affection we hold for you.
Bradford_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Posh wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:Gutted we never got a chance to say thank you!
:cry:

I think that's what's got to most people, me included. However I'm hoping that he'll be back for the final game at Christie Park as part of the team that got us promoted in some sort of 'legends parade'.

Me too, :cry: go away for a couple of days and look what happens :o . Really frustrating that we cant show our appreciation for me was our Greatest ever goalscorer and the scorer of our Greatest goals . Would be good if we could have a minutes applause before the game on Saturday , I hope you are right about about him coming back for the last game . For me he has a lot more to offer than some that are still here. ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:11 pm

parceldave wrote:
Posh wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:Gutted we never got a chance to say thank you!
:cry:

I think that's what's got to most people, me included. However I'm hoping that he'll be back for the final game at Christie Park as part of the team that got us promoted in some sort of 'legends parade'.

Me too, :cry: go away for a couple of days and look what happens :o . Really frustrating that we cant show our appreciation for me was our Greatest ever goalscorer and the scorer of our Greatest goals . Would be good if we could have a minutes applause before the game on Saturday , I hope you are right about about him coming back for the last game . For me he has a lot more to offer than some that are still here. ;)

he did say he would be coming back to the new ground and am sure as hell he will get one good reception then
George Dawes

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Goal Vs Hull for me :D

All the best to a true legend.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm

For me, by far the most talented Morecambe player I have watched and one of the main reasons I came back to watch Morecambe - with this man you could see Morecambe had the potential to do something in the conference.

Second only to Jim in terms of most influential players over last few years - absolutely gutted we will not get chance to give Mr T a proper send of and thank you.

can understand the reasons why he would want to leave and Sammy would not stand in his way but Morecambe FC owe Micheal a MASSIVE thank you for the service he has given.

I'm sure he has a few good seasons left in and I for one would not begrude him any future success.

Thank you Micheal - you should be proud of your legacy mate - I'll miss the anticipation of you on the ball in the oppositions half.

Good luck with your next club

Up THE SHRIMPS!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm

PS I hope Sammy's next signing has something near the same impact and influence Twissy had!
Last edited by SkinnyShrimp on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Mark S » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm

When I told my 9 year old Son who couldnt remember Morecambe FC without Michael Twiss, he just said one thing.

"Why?"

Out of the mouth of babes.

He has two pictures of himself and Twissy on his bedroom wall and one of Jimbo. He said "Jimbo wont leave will he Dad?" "I hope not son, but you never know in football" was my reply.

Micheal, one 9 year old boy worships you as a footballer more avidly than Stevie G or Wayne Rooney. You and your fellow team mates have inspired him to play football in the street (and Twissy scores!) and also play in a Morecambe Youth Under 10's team hoping one day to emulate you.

Something to be proud of as much as a Wembley winner's medal.

:D
Mark S

Previous

Return to General Discussion