Morecambe v Aldershot Pedictions

Re: Morecambe v Aldershot Pedictions

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:
jmatkinson wrote:I reckon that the way we are shooting (which direction) will affect it slightly. I reckon we could clinch a winner if we are shooting towards the MBW stand in 2nd half. Although, some may argue that this will have no effect whatsoever, I think it does spur the players on a bit more.

Agree, especially if there are only a few away fans in The Bay Stand. Playing towards an empty end in the second half can't be inspiring!

Doubt the Bay Radio Stand will be open but like you say it can't be good shooting towards an empty stand. It's a shame that we can't open it up to home supporters when a low away support is expected.
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:39 am

Going to be tight according to this...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-two/2010-2011/form-table/full

6-3 to us, then!

:D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:05 am

Lincoln & Hereford, top two on the form guide. Bradford bottom and if the teams below win their games in hand, they would be third from bottom.

Funny old league...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 am

I predict that one day, shrimpnsave will be able to write a thread title like a normal person. :twisted: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 am

bore draw 0-0
least entertaining game of the season
thegentlegiant

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 am

Just been into BetFred and put a pound on a 3-1 win, a 4-1 win, and (wait for it ....) a 5-1 win ....

Talk about a sudden rush of blood to the head ........ !! :?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 pm

I think we'll either win 3-0, 4-0 or wait for it... 5-0! :twisted: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby ezz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Got a feeling they will win 5-2 dont know why but might put a quid on it
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:56 pm

ezz wrote:Got a feeling they will win 5-2 dont know why but might put a quid on it

Is that the same quid that your boss is paying you to be on shrimpsvoices at work?????? :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I predict that one day, shrimpnsave will be able to write a thread title like a normal person. :twisted: :lol:

I predict bare ben will be a true gentleman one day :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Now you are being Shrimpnsilly! More chance of winning 8.0 :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Robert Jackson » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Attendance of 1,703 better than most predicted. 12 more than Saturday, (or maybe 8,988 less).....
Robert Jackson

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 pm

as i predicted another entertaining 1 - 1 against a good Aldershot side.

we played some good stuff on the deck and as soon as they got the equalizer Sammy made two good substitution straight away and Mullin just as a like him on the bench came on as a impact sub and caused them problems

still think we need some pace in the center forward department maybe Sammy can hoepfully get somebody on loan
George Dawes

Postby hoooti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:40 pm

I must have missed the impact Mullins had. I thought upto the substitutions we played some good football and were more attacking then anytime this season. I thought Jevons worked hard but lacked the quality needed to finish/ create more chances.

When the Subs came on it changed the game and it became a stalemate.

Shuker nor Mullins up front for me, we need a pacy large individual that can work with Jevons.

Today was one of the better games I have seen this season.
hoooti

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:46 pm

hoooti wrote:I must have missed the impact Mullins had. I thought upto the substitutions we played some good football and were more attacking then anytime this season. I thought Jevons worked hard but lacked the quality needed to finish/ create more chances.

When the Subs came on it changed the game and it became a stalemate.

Shuker nor Mullins up front for me, we need a pacy large individual that can work with Jevons.

Today was one of the better games I have seen this season.

and how many corners and throwings did we win when Mullin came on with them panicking?
Shuker was pants and we needed to try something different
Last edited by George Dawes on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

I thought first half was dull but second half we came out and deserved the lead. In fact, I think we deserved the win on the second half alone. I thought Parrish's chance was going in it was a fantastic strike, and Jevons was unlucky too. Aldershot did very little but hoof the ball forward.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:48 pm

I must have been at a different game than other posters...... :o :o :o

Saturday's game was a 1000 times more entertaining than the fodder served up tonight.

:? :? :?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Like Dawzi, Im getting very frustrated predicting successive, nervy 1-1's

I really should be putting a few quid on these last 2, altough I would be quite happy to lose any stake !

Its like a self fulfilling prophesy recently. a non-striker will put us ahead then we can't hold onto a lead so we drop back and concede a long-range strike for an equaliser. Its so predictable as to be almost pre-ordained !

Having said that, I thought we looked sharper in parts tonight, sorry CC, and created far more than Aldershot did overall and we can consider ourselves unlucky on a number of occasions, most notably the two attempts from Andy Parrish.

Next up, a Lincoln away prediction. Hammered by Shrews tonight and looking to return to their previous good form.

Cant see us losing and letting them complete the double over us, but I'm concerned by the lack of goals from our strikers so I'll have to go for ..... you guessed it

Another nervy 1-1 !!!! But would prefer to be wrong
SimplyRed MFC

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:09 pm

We deserved to win tonight thought we were the better team but there wasnt much in it. Don't agree with bringing Mullin on though, when your only drawing with a team in a simlar position to ourselveves we need a match winner which Mullin is not. A striker with pace and an eye for goal is a must for the summer transfer window.
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:34 pm

bottom line is if you have two wide men with Hurst & Wilson getting crosses into the box plus with Holdsworth & Capaldi who have been going forward both getting crosses into the box aswell then Mullin is better option than Shuker who needs a pair of step ladders to get onto them crosses

and before somebody says i was slating Mullin the other week note! i just dont like him as a lone striker with all the team hoofing long balls up to him..

but when he's got Jevons to play with and Spencer being out injured its a different story
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:21 am

Just got back...after a dull first half that produced little by way of chances for ourselves (hard to due to that lino and his pesky flag...oh, and our strikers stood a mile offside) we certainly livened up in the second.

Just prior to the Aldershot equaliser we had about a 10-15 one-touch pass move with the ball zipping all over the place. When Hirst was put through he could have crossed to Jevons who was free at the back stick, or took the ball forward a touch himself to make the shot easier. Had he done either or neither and the ball went in it would have easily been goal of the season, such was the quality of the build-up. Holdsworths goal was also well worked and well put away. I was pleased for him, hopefully this will give him some confidence.

For about 20-25 minutes that was the best I've seen us play with and without the ball for quite a while, and certainly in the last 10 league games. I turned to a friend who I was watching the match with and we both said, this is like the good old days. Even the crowd was getting into it. Alas, despite dominating since the break we couldn't get the second to see the game out and got done totally against the run of play. Perhaps we were lucky to be level at the break given that we were second best in the first 45, but still, having seen that out I think we warranted the three points. Plenty of positives to take, especially from the second half display. Hirst played much better than he did on Saturday, I had him as MotM.

Crowd of just over 1,700 (felt and looked less to me) is half decent for a Tuesday given the previous two gates.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Christies Child wrote:I must have been at a different game than other posters...... :o :o :o

Saturday's game was a 1000 times more entertaining than the fodder served up tonight.

:? :? :?

Yep - a lot of us heard what you thought at the end and yes, we can all see games differently.

I thought we worked hard in a tight first half, but with our only real chances coming from the low crosses put in by Holdsworth and Hurst that, unfortunately were just too far in front, or just slightly behind the players trying to get on the end of them.

After the break it was as if our efforts in the first half had worn them down a bit and given us the confidence to push forward more and we did it much more effectively with Capaldi and Wilson advancing further and the midfield getting up to support the front men better.

We were knocking the ball about really well just before and after our goal. Still very tight, though and few chances - though they all fell to us. Then we were denied what looked to me like the clearest penalty you could ever get and, had we got that and scored it, I reckon that'd have been game over.

They scored a good goal with their only clear-cut chance of the game to that point and then got their tails up for a few minutes, causing us a few more problems (not helped by the slight disruption caused by subs who were being warmed up to come on just before their goal - but that was just unfortunate).

Then I thought we regained the momentum and they were happy to waste time and try to hold out for a point.

The thing last night - and recent games - have shown me is just how tight this league is. Nearly every game can go either way and margins are very tight between most teams.

It's that extra bit of quality - usually in front of goal - that makes the difference and we could, as has been said, do with a bit more to help us turn draws into wins.

But I think we're at least pretty solid now and have a base on which to build.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hurst up front and maybe Hunter or A.N. Other on the right.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby MfcChris » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Jevons needs some confidence. I could of done better with some of the clear chances he had. He scored a week ago too you would have thought that would kick him on.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion