Morecambe 2 Cheltenham 3 McStay, Vincent 2, Howe (pen), Ref.

Re: Morecambe 2 Cheltenham 3 McStay, Vincent 2, Howe (pen), Ref.

Postby Lloydie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:55 pm

It was Stanley who pushed for their penalty was blatent, why he did it only he knows and I hope he gets a rollicking for it !

Thought we played well 1st half (McStay the pick of the players for me) but didn't seem up for it 2nd half.

Their two centre halfs looked a class above in 2nd half, wasn't Kenton at Norwich/Southampton a while back looked a good player.

Rene How MOTM !!?? unless the ball was placed on his foot he didn't seem intrested...
Lloydie

Postby 4G63 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Lloydie wrote:It was Stanley who pushed for their penalty was blatent, why he did it only he knows and I hope he gets a rollicking for it !

Thought we played well 1st half (McStay the pick of the players for me) but didn't seem up for it 2nd half.

Their two centre halfs looked a class above in 2nd half, wasn't Kenton at Norwich/Southampton a while back looked a good player.

Rene How MOTM !!?? unless the ball was placed on his foot he didn't seem intrested...

I agree with everything you say mate. I was bemused when Rene Howe was given MOTM!
4G63

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 am

Can't agree - while McCann or McStay may have had a shout for MoM I think Rene did well. There were several times when the ball was played in his general direction and the defender looked favourite to get it. But Rene was alert to the passes, used his pace and strength and managed to get to the ball first before holding his man off and starting an attack or bringing others into it.
I thought he worked very hard last night (and I don't always).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:56 am

Am I the only one that thinks Stuart Drummond had a good game? He's been class recentley :)
Crooky MFC

Postby Trinity » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:00 pm

agree with everything you say mate. I was bemused when Rene Howe was given MOTM!

Who makes the decision who is announced officially as the Morecambe MOTM?
Trinity

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 pm

The sponsors.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby pompeyred » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 pm

The Marksman wrote:
pompeyred wrote:The worst thing is that the FA KNOWS that the referees throughout are not of the required standard as they decree that no incident in which the refereeing team can be seen to have a dubious or incorrect decision may be shown on screen in the ground during the game or words to that effect

Only problem is, if none of the referees are of the required standard, what can they do about it? Invent some refbots...?

Now refbots would be awesome...especially if they look like fembots!
pompeyred

Postby Sammy h » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 pm

shrimper wrote:The sponsors.

Who have alot to drink during the game :lol:
Sammy h

Previous

Return to General Discussion