O/T Windermere Bizarre place?

Re: O/T Windermere Bizarre place?

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Trevor wrote:... if you look at another thread in which this radcliffe person has posted he say's hes also been to Christie Park and seen the BHC reference. Morecambe fan, only just registerd here,coincidentally his parents own a pub thats been mentioned here?

Sounds like a WUM to me. His style is also very similar to 'dean windass' - could they be related?

I'd be inclined to agree. Both he and 'Dean Windass' will be finding their leash getting tighter...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Spoilsport :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Mark S » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Keith wrote:
Trevor wrote:... if you look at another thread in which this radcliffe person has posted he say's hes also been to Christie Park and seen the BHC reference. Morecambe fan, only just registerd here,coincidentally his parents own a pub thats been mentioned here?

Sounds like a WUM to me. His style is also very similar to 'dean windass' - could they be related?

I'd be inclined to agree. Both he and 'Dean Windass' will be finding their leash getting tighter...

Dean windass and Neil Ruddock will not be troubling us again in their present format. I saw to that yesterday after clearing up 12 posts and 2 whole threads. ;)
Mark S

Postby Paul Mac » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Mark S wrote:
Keith wrote:

Dean windass and Neil Ruddock will not be troubling us again in their present format. I saw to that yesterday after clearing up 12 posts and 2 whole threads. ;)

I thought his name was Roebuck? 8-)
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Paul Mac wrote:I thought his name was Roebuck? 8-)

ooh, you're a bad man!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby radcliffe_08 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 pm

wander whos going to be next?
john scales?
phil babb?
david ginola?
is there no end to the global phenom that is shrimps voices...
radcliffe_08

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:51 pm

radcliffe_07?
radcliffe_09?

You're right, no end to it. Just wonder if you'll waste more time re-registering than we spend banning you?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby captain sparkle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 pm

keith,
Black Bull in coniston has pictures of Joey & McCallen over the far end of the bar. apparently the brewery owner(in the back of the pub) is a massive TT fan!
wonderful! 5 different kinds of "home brew". Bluebird XB is the one!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Posh » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:23 pm

This one in Ambleside wasn't bad http://www.lakeslodge.co.uk/index.asp. Fairly cheap, close to centre, really comfy beds and good buffet breakfast. No idea on Wi-Fi though.

In Windermere though this is a belter http://www.glenburn.uk.com/facilities.htm. Free wi-fi, 4-poster beds, inexpensive and belting breakfast.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm

P.S. As for the Hole In't Wall I can confirm its a horrendous pub not just from personal experience but from a very quick Google.

I give you http://www.qype.co.uk/place/324833-hole ... windermere

"The landlady doesn’t like customers/holiday makers. Which, being a pretty pub in a tourist destination, isn’t a good start. She also doesn’t like having to talk about the weather: we’re British, it’s what we do. Particularly if we’re on a flood-locked holiday. Also, she says all this loudly to her fellow bar-maid, so you can plainly hear her and feel uncomfortable".

Sound all to familiar Keith?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 am

Oy! That's my grandma you're talking about!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Freez » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 am

No, she's my dad!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:52 am

There's a rather unique hotel in the area which has 'special' bedrooms catering for the more unusual of tastes.

Did their brochure a few years ago. The photo shoot was bizare to say the least.

http://www.aphroditeslodge.co.uk/
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion