Former Shrimps Thread

Re: Former Shrimps Thread

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Connor Oliver scores at Southport to put Guisley 2-1 up.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby John L » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Connor Oliver scores at Southport to put Guisley 2-1 up.

You mean North Ferriby, of course? ;)

How the mighty have fallen... :lol:
John L

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:08 pm

John L wrote:

Apologies , yes for the mighty North Ferriby. The final score was Port 2 North Ferriby 4

Guisley also had a fine away win by 2-1 at our old friends Macclesfield Town.

Some very sad news. Barrow lost 2-1 to a 94th minute winner at bottom of the Conference York :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
John L wrote:

Apologies , yes for the mighty North Ferriby. The final score was Port 2 North Ferriby 4

Guisley also had a fine away win by 2-1 at our old friends Macclesfield Town.

Some very sad news. Barrow lost 2-1 to a 94th minute winner at bottom of the Conference York :lol: :lol:

Really am sad about the Barrow result..... :lol: p
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Dave Jones reported to be the red hot favourite to take over at Oyston FC's Gloomfield Road....

Dave... Dave... Dave.... DON'T do it .........

Appointed manager at Hartlepool United. First management role in the 4th tier.
John L

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:53 am

Ntumba Massanka was subjected to racist abuse whilst playing for Wrexham in their local derby at Chester on Saturday.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... v-12489768
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:20 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Ntumba Massanka was subjected to racist abuse whilst playing for Wrexham in their local derby at Chester on Saturday.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... v-12489768

Yes , I saw his tweet on Saturday.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:45 pm

The 20-year-old Burnley loanee said he would 'forever smile and laugh at the minority'

Good man. It can't be easy when there are still knuckle-draggers roaming freely but laughing at them has got to be the best response. I'm not sure I'd find it as easy to laugh at them.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Looks like James Jennings is going to be in hot water after that game after video evidence of him apparently punching a player
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Keith wrote:
The 20-year-old Burnley loanee said he would 'forever smile and laugh at the minority'

Good man. It can't be easy when there are still knuckle-draggers roaming freely but laughing at them has got to be the best response. I'm not sure I'd find it as easy to laugh at them.

I think it's very difficult for us able-bodied and mentally capable white males fully to comprehend the impact of discrimination of any type, as we simply don't fit into any persecuted minority. My nearest experience is being bullied, which I suppose discrimination is to some limited extent, although clearly not the same. 10/10 to Ntumba for his attitude, but the fact remains that he shouldn't have to deal with it.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 am

Phil Anderer wrote:I think it's very difficult for us able-bodied and mentally capable white males fully to comprehend the impact of discrimination of any type...

Well, I'm definitely two of the four. Definitely not one of them. And I'll leave it up to others to decide about the remaining one! :roll:

Seriously, as a disabled person, I've not [yet] experienced any real blatant discrimination. I've come across some overt discrimination. Interestingly, two occasions of overt discrimination both occurred when I was taking photos for the club. As I was representing the club at the time, I won't go in to exact details, other than to say one experience was so poor that I will simply never return to that club. The other occasion was interesting. A kiosk had been sited on the pavement leading to the entrance that media were using but there was no drop curb. I asked for some help and was told in no uncertain terms that I should have phoned ahead to tell them I was using a wheelchair. Being an assertive person, I responded by pointing out their obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act/Equality Act with regard to access to goods & services. 'Grumpy' left and wasn't seen again but I was passed on to a different steward who helped me fine.

As I'm mentioning it, most places I've been have been excellent, but top marks go to Mansfield Town. Despite the challenges of an old stadium with the usual access issues, the stewards there were superb. They helped me get in to position, then the head safety officer came and had a chat with me. He brought another steward with him and told us both, "in the event that we have to evacuate, you [steward] come straight here and assist this gentleman in evacuation. Also, there are steps around the back of the stand [where the tea hut is]. If you want a drink or anything, just ask him [steward] and he'll go and get them for you". Superb, positive attitude and probably the only place that has really considered & planned for my safety. Shame the football was so dire! :roll:

But I know some people with disabilities who faced dreadful discrimination, including being abused in the street.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 am

Keith wrote:
Phil Anderer wrote:I think it's very difficult for us able-bodied and mentally capable white males fully to comprehend the impact of discrimination of any type...

Well, I'm definitely two of the four. Definitely not one of them. And I'll leave it up to others to decide about the remaining one! :roll:

Seriously, as a disabled person, I've not [yet] experienced any real blatant discrimination. I've come across some overt discrimination. Interestingly, two occasions of overt discrimination both occurred when I was taking photos for the club. As I was representing the club at the time, I won't go in to exact details, other than to say one experience was so poor that I will simply never return to that club. The other occasion was interesting. A kiosk had been sited on the pavement leading to the entrance that media were using but there was no drop curb. I asked for some help and was told in no uncertain terms that I should have phoned ahead to tell them I was using a wheelchair. Being an assertive person, I responded by pointing out their obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act/Equality Act with regard to access to goods & services. 'Grumpy' left and wasn't seen again but I was passed on to a different steward who helped me fine.

As I'm mentioning it, most places I've been have been excellent, but top marks go to Mansfield Town. Despite the challenges of an old stadium with the usual access issues, the stewards there were superb. They helped me get in to position, then the head safety officer came and had a chat with me. He brought another steward with him and told us both, "in the event that we have to evacuate, you [steward] come straight here and assist this gentleman in evacuation. Also, there are steps around the back of the stand [where the tea hut is]. If you want a drink or anything, just ask him [steward] and he'll go and get them for you". Superb, positive attitude and probably the only place that has really considered & planned for my safety. Shame the football was so dire! :roll:

But I know some people with disabilities who faced dreadful discrimination, including being abused in the street.

Only 2 of the other three eh?

White? I for one have never questioned your parentage Keith
Male? A little long in the tooth for gender dysphoria, although I guess it wasn't the sort of thing that was talked about when you were a younger man(?).
Mental incapacity? Well, you are a Morecambe fan. :o
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Kevan Hurst has joined Guiseley on loan from Mansfield for the rest of the season.
Shrimpy

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:19 pm

A swift descent for a decent looking player.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Pre season triallist Ryan Croasdale is now a regular in the Kidderminster Harriers first team.
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Shrimps Legend Gary Thompson puts Wancome Wandering 3-2 up at Spurs
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm

David Perkins playing for Wigan vs Manchester United right now.
Joel Ninety

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:20 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Shrimps Legend Gary Thompson puts Wancome Wandering 3-2 up at Spurs

In the end a consolation goal as the 10 men of the much changed Tottenham line-up scored 2 late goals for a 4-3 win.

It will be the highlight of Thommo's career to score such a fine header in the final season of White Hart Lane.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby John L » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:Shrimps Legend Gary Thompson puts Wancome Wandering 3-2 up at Spurs

In the end a consolation goal as the 10 men of the much changed Tottenham line-up scored 2 late goals for a 4-3 win.

It will be the highlight of Thommo's career to score such a fine header in the final season of White Hart Lane.

Really? Better than his Wembley appearance for us when he scored one and made one? :lol:
John L

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:58 pm

What a great ball Garry played to Danny Carleton for our glorious winner at Wembley. A great day in the history of our club. I often tell people about my great treble at Wembley- the World Cup final in 66, the Shrimps FA Trophy win in 74 and our playoff win!!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm

John L wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Really? Better than his Wembley appearance for us when he scored one and made one? :lol:

Didn't he score the winner against Arsenal?
halftimeresults

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Yes, he did.
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 am

Jack Dunn is on loan at Tranmere Rovers for the rest of the season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:08 pm

Ben Lavelle is manager of England Schoolboys Under 18's

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-8364176
Seasider9601

Postby Lloydie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:47 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38838606

"while Welsh side Bala Town earned £17,942 from Gibraltar international David Artell."
Lloydie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion