Accy next Friday???

Re: Accy next Friday???

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Good luck to accy in trying to raise the money required but i personally think they have left it to late - i think there only option will be to take points deduction im afraid or worst case scenario be thrown out of league or closed down
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Dazzer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 am

Christies Child wrote:...but Stanley chose to spend the money due to be paid as PAYE to the taxman and in effect the players money, on other matters. If they find themselves in serious debt then for me the problems they have are 'self made'.

You suprise me here CC, quick to condone the Accy board while all the while praising our board for their prudent management. But is'nt the problem they are facing just a more serious case of the same problem we had last season. Namely over budgeted revenue streams. Like us they saw average attendance drop last season (15%) allied to that their main sponsor went bust. We overbudgeted too, but only to the extent that we were handed a transfer embargo.

As others have alluded to this 'prudent management by the MFC board' I find a bit of a myth. I think it's a well known secret that the Board underwrite 6 figure losses season after season, and eternally greatful I am that they do, but when looking at the plight of clubs like Accy I think we just need to be thanking our lucky stars rather than passing judgement.
Dazzer

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:03 am

Dazzer wrote:
Christies Child wrote:...but Stanley chose to spend the money due to be paid as PAYE to the taxman and in effect the players money, on other matters. If they find themselves in serious debt then for me the problems they have are 'self made'.

You suprise me here CC, quick to condone the Accy board while all the while praising our board for their prudent management. But is'nt the problem they are facing just a more serious case of the same problem we had last season. Namely over budgeted revenue streams. Like us they saw average attendance drop last season (15%) allied to that their main sponsor went bust. We overbudgeted too, but only to the extent that we were handed a transfer embargo.

As others have alluded to this 'prudent management by the MFC board' I find a bit of a myth. I think it's a well known secret that the Board underwrite 6 figure losses season after season, and eternally greatful I am that they do, but when looking at the plight of clubs like Accy I think we just need to be thanking our lucky stars rather than passing judgement.

A completely different issue. Accy's problem stems from not paying the PAYE due since around 2006/2007. If the players had been self employed then the situation would not have arisen as they themselves would be liable.

To the best of my knowledge, we pay the PAYE bill on time and therefore are unlikely to fall into a similar scenario.

Last seasons problems have been well documented, but my understanding is that we exceeded our projected budget supplied to the league and as a result they acted in accordance with their own rules. We were open and honest all the way through the problem.

I wonder if other clubs have been as open and honest in tackling their overspend?

I'll continue to defend and praise our Board, particularly when you look around and see the mismanagement at other clubs.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:38 am

Can you all come to my house instead and pay my mortgage off ,as i dont like shop doorways ;)
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 pm

If Steven Vaughan had left Chester and a Chester fans' association had then stepped forward and said it was trying to raise funds to help a new regime rescue the club and they invited fans of other clubs to a 'solidarity' game, I'd try to get there.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:02 pm

shrimper wrote:If Steven Vaughan had left Chester

I think so few words would make the difference to so many :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Gnasher wrote:
ezz wrote:If Morecambe had been managed the same way and it was us that needed saving, would you just let MFC rot and say tough sh*t??
I think you'd be more than happy to ask for help in the same situation if it was MFC in their shoes. I think it's more about helping a club that needs help, more than caring about why they need help.

Ezz, what did you do for Chester, Darlington or Luton, to name a few?

Honestly I dont think Accy's situation is as bad as Chester, Darlo and Luton ( I may be wrong).
So we didn't do anything for those clubs, doesn't mean we can't try and help Stanley. Their lads came down a couple of times to CP (even though that doesn't matter to us financially) it was still a nice gesture. People who go are still paying to see a football match which is what they like doing, i'm also not worried about Accy finishing above us either ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:14 pm

HMRC have just issued a winding up order on Salisbury for not paying the 200K they owe, so they will incur a 10 point deduction. At this rate Chester could well be on a level playing field with more and more Clubs on minus points 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:42 pm

marky No.1 wrote:HMRC have just issued a winding up order on Salisbury for not paying the 200K they owe, so they will incur a 10 point deduction. At this rate Chester could well be on a level playing field with more and more Clubs on minus points 8-)

All these clubs could form their own league. Any thoughts as to what it would be called and sponsored by?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:
All these clubs could form their own league. Any thoughts as to what it would be called and sponsored by?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bit of a taxing question that, CC
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:34 pm

The Accy Ultras collected £3500 in buckets at Gigg Lane at the weekend towards their S.O.S. Fund :o

"Quality effort today.....£3.5K from a bucket collection is a fantastic total !!! However... the tall leggy blonde with the fishnet tights on may have helped the cause!!!! Truly stunning !!!

Talking 'Bout the cash raised of course!!!!!
"
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:51 pm

marky No.1 wrote:The Accy Ultras collected £3500 in buckets at Gigg Lane at the weekend towards their S.O.S. Fund :o

"Quality effort today.....£3.5K from a bucket collection is a fantastic total !!! However... the tall leggy blonde with the fishnet tights on may have helped the cause!!!! Truly stunning !!!

Talking 'Bout the cash raised of course!!!!!
"

Did she have a tattoo of a dead dolphin on her leg?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby sandgroneun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:07 pm

[quote="Christies Child"]

Defaulters League sponsored by
Consolidate your debts.com :?: :!: :!: :!:
sandgroneun

Postby sandgroneun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:08 pm

[quote="Christies Child"]

Defaulters League sponsored by
Consolidate your debts.com :?: :!: :!: :!:
sandgroneun

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:19 pm

The CCJ League, sponsored by Ocean Finance.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 pm

shrimper wrote:Did she have a tattoo of a dead dolphin on her leg?

I shall have to go on a dolphin hunt on Friday :o All aboard the catamaran :D
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 pm

are we all going to stand with the ultras then?
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
shrimper wrote:Did she have a tattoo of a dead dolphin on her leg?

I shall have to go on a dolphin hunt on Friday :o All aboard the catamaran :D

You'll be beaten black and blue when she returns - you know that don't you? :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby al1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm

5300 fans at turf moor tonight to see burnley v accy in the sos cup
al1

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 pm

it was 4-0 to Burnley don't know who scored
heysham_mfc

Postby Abbo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:44 pm

I wonder why the ex chairman left the club ????????????????????????
Abbo

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 pm

I am up for this if anyone could spare a lift are we going in Morecambe colours
heysham_mfc

Postby maccawozzagod » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:36 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:are we all going to stand with the ultras then?

you'd all be more than welcome. To be honest it is more than humbling that fans from other clubs, particularly our biggest 'rivals' (no matter how friendly) are willing to step up and help us - it's much appreciated. Word of warning though it may be advisable to not leave it until kick off time particularly if you all want to stand together. We are expecting 3500-4000 which will take us near to capacity as the Whinney Hill stand (cowshed) is half shut due to ongoing development (away end will be covered by next season). So it's gonna be sardines tomorrow night!

the song from the Ultras tomorrow will be, as usual, here for the Stanley, you're only here for the Stanley! followed by Morecambe give us a song - then Bury give us a song - then .... so feel free to chant a morecambe song at the appropriate time.

see you all tomorrow night and feel free to stop for a beer with us afterwards.
maccawozzagod

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 am

so then who is going tonight/
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:33 am

maccawozzagod wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:are we all going to stand with the ultras then?

you'd all be more than welcome. To be honest it is more than humbling that fans from other clubs, particularly our biggest 'rivals' (no matter how friendly) are willing to step up and help us - it's much appreciated. Word of warning though it may be advisable to not leave it until kick off time particularly if you all want to stand together. We are expecting 3500-4000 which will take us near to capacity as the Whinney Hill stand (cowshed) is half shut due to ongoing development (away end will be covered by next season). So it's gonna be sardines tomorrow night!

the song from the Ultras tomorrow will be, as usual, here for the Stanley, you're only here for the Stanley! followed by Morecambe give us a song - then Bury give us a song - then .... so feel free to chant a morecambe song at the appropriate time.

see you all tomorrow night and feel free to stop for a beer with us afterwards.

Macca you have a PM ;)
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion