:cry: :cry:
morecambe mick

Re: twisssy

Postby darrenlock » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Where is the proof?
darrenlock

Postby chipbuns » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:17 pm

I never really comment on things like this but if this is true , what an awful decision!
chipbuns

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Really hope this isn't true, if it is i hope Sammy is planning something big.
Sammy h

Postby darrenlock » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 pm

If this is true cool give Aaron Taylor a new deal next season showed alot of talent last season just been injury prone this season could happen to any footballer.
darrenlock

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 pm

darrenlock wrote:If this is true cool give Aaron Taylor a new deal next season showed alot of talent last season just been injury prone this season could happen to any footballer.

Perhaps it's because I'm gutted at the apparent end of Twissy's Morecambe career but there's nothing 'cool' about it. And with respect, having seen Aaron Taylor play a lot, he's not a patch on Twissy, and in my view never likely too if he continues with the attitude he had at Barrow.

Twissy is a Morecambe legend and I really hope he's at Christie Park at the last game as one of the greats who got us where we are today and so we can say goodbye to a player who deserves a good send off.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby darrenlock » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Fine my words were wrong

Michael Twiss was a fantastic football still has patches where he is excellent if has been gone then good luck to him as he is a fans favourite but Morecambe still need to improve and i think Aaron is still a young raw center forward only 19 and deserves fans to get off his back do i know about his game at Barrow no.

But i hope this link is wrong well i stated on here i prefer Wayne Curtis to Twiss and if Twiss does go then hope it is at the end of the season , i was hearing in January Walsall are interested in him and I'm sure other clubs would look at him i guess we'd fine truth out within next day or two.
darrenlock

Postby chipbuns » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Posh wrote:
darrenlock wrote:If this is true cool give Aaron Taylor a new deal next season showed alot of talent last season just been injury prone this season could happen to any footballer.

Perhaps it's because I'm gutted at the apparent end of Twissy's Morecambe career but there's nothing 'cool' about it. And with respect, having seen Aaron Taylor play a lot, he's not a patch on Twissy, and in my view never likely too if he continues with the attitude he had at Barrow.

Twissy is a Morecambe legend and I really hope he's at Christie Park at the last game as one of the greats who got us where we are today and so we can say goodbye to a player who deserves a good send off.

i agree with everything said here. Spot on. When he's on form, he is practically unstoppable. The season where he scored 27 league goals proves this.

It seems strange seeming as though Walsall were apparentley interested earlier in the season.

This now has left us with just 3 fit strikers, a big mistake, should have left it to the summer at least, but i would of kept for another year or so.
chipbuns

Re: Twissy

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 pm

hope this is not true Twiss is a Morecambe legend and unless we have someone better lined up to come in then it is ver dissapointing news :cry:
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 pm

I thought Twisy would get released in the summer when his contract was up. He will be one of the bigger earners and he isn't guaranteed a starting position but to release him now is very strange and once again will we be paying his contract up? so what's the point.

If we are to make a push for the playoffs and really go for it we will need players with his creativity and experience.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 pm

I don't think anyone should question Sammys decision here, Twissy is a Morecambe legend and always will be... BUT - He isn't playing games, he will be one of the highest earners, and its clear Sammy is cutting down the squad to bring in a decent player.

Trust Sammy and the board, he wouldn't be getting rid of players of Twissy caliber without having someone in line to replace him.

If this is true, which I presume it is, considering he wasn't even in the reserve squad tonight, good luck Twissy.
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 pm

It's part and parcel of a managers role to have to say cheerio to players sooner or later who have served their club well. Unfortunately sentiment is something that no manager can afford, and IF news of Mr T's departure is true, then this is another example of our manager planning ahead for next season.

Like others I'm sad IF it's true, but it was likely to happen come June so better now when Michael can find a club and get himself a contract for next season (don't be surprised if JH takes him on) whilst allowing Sammy to start the rebuild early by bringing in a fresh face ( before the end of the week ;) ) who will want to impress to earn a contract for next season himself.

Michael quite rightly will always be reguarded by the vast majority as a player who gave 100% every game. A true legend and on his day 'one of the best'. Cheers Mr T we'll remember you with affection.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 pm

If this is true im totally gutted, who next? Jimbo? We are starting to lose our identity.
Bare Ben

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 pm

He went downhill when he cut his hair :lol: His best ever goal for us has to be at 1:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleLjX56CYs
Crooky MFC

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:He went downhill when he cut his hair :lol: His best ever goal for us has to be at 1:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleLjX56CYs
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Bare Ben wrote:If this is true im totally gutted, who next? Jimbo? We are starting to lose our identity.

Jimbo will get more and more involved in coaching and managing the reserves when calledupon to do so, in preperation for the day when he takes over a 'hot seat'.

Sooner or later Jimbo might have to leave to take on the reigns at another club, but one day he'll return, that I have no doubt!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby The Fury » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 am

The most technically gifted footballer I've seen play for the club. A true Morecambe hero and such a modest and pleasant man to boot.

In truth, I think Sammy has been woefully misunderstanding of Twissy's ability in the past and has wasted him on the left wing or behind the striker(s), when he really should have been playing as a forward himself.

Good luck to him in whatever he does next.
Last edited by The Fury on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Fury

Postby steve mfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 am

If this is true and Twiss is leaving hard on the heels of Adams with a fair bit off the season still to go then surely it is so we can bring someone else in.

Maybe this what Sammy meant by " really going for it " , if it is the last we have seen of Twissy then it will be a great shame.
steve mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 am

total legend, good luck for the future twissy, we are obviously winding down, clearing out with a view to next season, there will be sad farewells to a few more players, and hopefully one or two more contract renewals, sammys close season is going to be busy :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 am

shrimpnsave wrote:Has also been released.

1st of all how are you getting the info long before everyone else.

secondly if this is true we have lost a morecambe legend I still see that class in twissy so cant understand why we would let him go....there is definitely lots going on in the club and I certainly hope the right decisions are being made, good look twiss...you will always be remembered by the morecambe faithful!!
thegentlegiant

Postby rossi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:19 am

yes, i agree with thegentlegiant !!!!
where are you getting this info from shrimpnsave ???

its not been confirmed on here, or on bbc website !!!

Twissy is a morecambe fc legend, and i think he can still do a job ( even if it does meen him having to come off the bench )

if your reading this michael, please stay :D

your biggest fan ... Ross :D
rossi

Postby mfcbro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 am

No point in keeping unhappy players,no coincidence in Adams and Twissy travelling in together and both wanting to go.Paid up rather than released?Unless Twissy played where he wanted to played he sulked his way through a game.Last two years not the player he once was i.m.o.although i have to say that when he wanted to play he was awesome.
mfcbro

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 am

no new as of yet would think we would hear something today if it's true
heysham_mfc

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:17 am

The Fury wrote:The most technically gifted footballer I've seen play for the club. A true Morecambe hero and such a modest and pleasant man to boot.

In truth, I think Sammy has been woefully misunderstanding of Twissy's ability in the past and has wasted him on the left wing or behind the striker(s), when he really should have been playing as a forward himself.

Good luck to him in whatever he does next.

Very well said.

A confidence player who played best left side of a front two. Sammy tried him there for a few games earlier in the season but gave up on him very quickly. I hope he gets a good run somewhere else because, even a little slower, he could still do a lot of damage.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Next

Return to General Discussion