New signing on Monday

New signing on Monday

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Quinny has just said on the radio that Sammy hopes to confirm a new signing on Monday
heysham_mfc

Re: new signing on Moday

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 pm

really hope its jevons,Wonder why Mcilroy Released Adams and Twiss,maybe too get jevons
northstandshrimp2009

Thought there was no signing of players out of the transfer

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:09 pm

window
:?
Arnside Red

Re: Thought there was no signing of players out of the transfer

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Arnside Red wrote:window
:?

Loan ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Free Agent?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:50 pm

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:really hope its jevons,Wonder why Mcilroy Released Adams and Twiss,maybe too get jevons

just to get this stright it was Twiss who wanted to be let goso he could find more first team football.
would think it will be a loan signing that comes in
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Radio Lancs have said its a loan signing.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:54 pm

it's Macheda the Italian kid from Man United :P
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:38 pm

hopefully a pacy winger.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Curly » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:hopefully a pacy winger.

Angel Di Maria? :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 am

Thommo :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Curly » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 am

Now you're talking, but he seems to be doing ok at Scunny at the mo.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Andy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 am

Brick laying ;)
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 am

Would prefer somebody like Steve Jones but suspect it may be a defensive minded midfielder.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:30 am

Christies Child wrote:Would prefer somebody like Steve Jones but suspect it may be a defensive minded midfielder.

But we already have three. :o
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:45 am

the position MFC are in now after yesterday's result is

we dont want to be doing defensive, we need to be all attacking now nowt to lose if we want another day out at Wembeley
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

james456 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Would prefer somebody like Steve Jones but suspect it may be a defensive minded midfielder.

Agree...but with one of the worst defences in the league (take a look at the goals against compared to those above us) and for me it's easy to see where our problems lie. We might have 3 but are they doing their job?

We need to stop the opposition before they get to our box and that's the role of a defensive midfielder, to break up play in midfield.

We also need to take a look at the number of goals scored against us that come from crosses into the box.

I'll get shot down for this, but not sure that Jimbo will be an automatic choice next season. I can see him getting more involved in the coaching and management of the reserves whilst being regarded as a more than dependable squad player. Sorry but that's how I see it going forward.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:14 pm

can always push Parrish to a cental role, and bring Moss in to right-back although ive still faith in Artell & Jimbo
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 pm

im sure it will be an attacking player....... 8-)
ockers

Postby Martin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:
james456 wrote:

Agree...but with one of the worst defences in the league (take a look at the goals against compared to those above us) and for me it's easy to see where our problems lie. We might have 3 but are they doing their job?

We need to stop the opposition before they get to our box and that's the role of a defensive midfielder, to break up play in midfield.
We also need to take a look at the number of goals scored against us that come from crosses into the box.

Was that not Fraser? (injured for most of the season)
or Manny Panther? (Only just returning to full fitness)

We have the players capable of carrying out the role, we've just been unlucky with the injuries, leaving that gap between our more attack minded midfielders and the back line. Either of the two players would make a difference if they can remain fully fit to the end of the season.
Martin

Postby shrimper » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 pm

You keep mentioning him Neil. He's doing really well at Walsall and has just returned from injury last I heard. There's no way they'd let him go now IMO.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:36 pm

shrimper wrote:

You keep mentioning him Neil. He's doing really well at Walsall and has just returned from injury last I heard. There's no way they'd let him go now IMO.

If he's an attacking player I am hoping he will be younger than Steve Jones. We have just released a 32 year old and we have a winger of the same age in Wainer.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm

shrimper wrote:

Am aware of that, but somebody similar would do for me. A goal scoring speed merchant who likes to run at defences. Something that our current squad doesn't have.....any longer!

It's well known that defenders hate it when you run at them. I know I keep going on about our atrocious defensive record but at this stage of the season we should be going for 3 points in every game and forgetting about the goals against. It's too late now. Next season however HAS to be different.
Christies Child

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm

We need a forward who is prepared to pull the trigger and smash the ball. I like Mullin, he does a great job holding up the ball and so on, but he just hasn't scored enough goals. The number of easy chances that he has missed and not capitalising on the many one-on-one opportunities with the keeper are partly responsible for us failing in several games.

We also need a really snappy midfielder who can put some bite into the tackles, Craney was just the type at first, I remember a fantastic step-over and screeching shot early on in the game against Hereford that had me drooling...sigh. Shame it didn't last.

The defence can take care of themselves and are going to be ok as long as Parrish moves across to the right and Wilson manages to stick around for more than 5 games.
Caged Lion

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Caged Lion wrote:We need a forward who is prepared to pull the trigger and smash the ball. I like Mullin, he does a great job holding up the ball and so on, but he just hasn't scored enough goals. The number of easy chances that he has missed and not capitalising on the many one-on-one opportunities with the keeper are partly responsible for us failing in several games.

We also need a really snappy midfielder who can put some bite into the tackles, Craney was just the type at first, I remember a fantastic step-over and screeching shot early on in the game against Hereford that had me drooling...sigh. Shame it didn't last.

The defence can take care of themselves and are going to be ok as long as Parrish moves across to the right and Wilson manages to stick around for more than 5 games.

The stats suggest otherwise. Even Grimsby have let less goals in than use.....just!
Granted we've a superb record in the goal scoring stakes, but defence.... :?: :?: :?:

Had it not been for Baz the goals against would have been even more!
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion