New signing on Monday

Re: new signing on Moday

Postby darrenlock » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:53 pm

I think Morecambe need a defensive minded player because , Morecambe are letting in two many goals and away from home look weak not that many away wins this season , compared to Morecambe at home where Morecambe are aggressive and patient.
Do you reckon it could be any Chester City players/Darlington players because both teams will lose the better players.
darrenlock

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Indeed DARENLOCK, my thoughts exactly, wonder if the vaughans are up for grabs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby darrenlock » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Well cheers:D

Anyway I'm sure with the new Darlington stadium they will have to sell or let go off players at the end of the season. I know Chester player went to Barrow he was a midfielder.
With money being tight in football league you can find bargains like Morecambe did with Duffy.
darrenlock

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Darlington and Chester are bottom of their leagues, so why would there players be any good?

Always amazes me why players from relegated clubs get moves to others clubs in that league, surely by getting relegated they have proved they are not up to it?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:08 pm

An attacking player from a higher league...who can score goals...go past his marker...and who wants to impress to earn a Shrimps contract would do very nicely!

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 pm

outsider wrote:Darlington and Chester are bottom of their leagues, so why would there players be any good?

Always amazes me why players from relegated clubs get moves to others clubs in that league, surely by getting relegated they have proved they are not up to it?

Lawrence Wilson??????
Blackburn shrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:
outsider wrote:Darlington and Chester are bottom of their leagues, so why would there players be any good?

Lawrence Wilson??????

:oops: :oops: :oops: good point, well made :oops: :oops:

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby darrenlock » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:18 pm

All I'm saying is that players with the fight come on.I am a Charlton and we shad many good players it was poor decisions in managers , and poor decision to sack Dowie so early in.

My point is that just say Darlington go down I'm sure in there squad there must have 1-2 players that could play league2 level and same goes with Chester.
Players from struggling teams can make it big with good team just look at DJ Campbell or Jermain Beckford i cant remember who there got him from.
darrenlock

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Christies Child wrote:The stats suggest otherwise. Even Grimsby have let less goals in than us.....just!
Granted we've a superb record in the goal scoring stakes, but defence.... :?: :?: :?:

Had it not been for Baz the goals against would have been even more!

I think the problem lies in a flimsy midfield. We don't shut the opposition down at all in midfield. Drummond often goes missing for large chunks in games. However his strength comes from controlling midfield when we have got the ball, and chipping in with some very creditable goals.

Stanley can usually deliver a good free kick...other than that...no contribution in the defensive stakes. In fact at Cheltenham he got out of the way to let them score? Hunter has been our only aggressive midfielder and will do a good job scampering around with maximum endeavour. Panther is ok, but I see him, Drummond and Stanley playing the same role. None of them are tackling and putting in much effort to close teams down BEFORE they get to our defence. Duffy is a liability when it comes to defending. Wainwright does a reasonable job with tracking back and tackling but doesn't get the games.

It's too late to worry about goals conceded. The only way we can achieve the final play-off spot is to win, and we have to get the ball in the net to do that. So all out attack and bollocks to conceding a few goals along the way. As you say, Barry Roche is fantastic and has bailed us out on several occasions, but that is his job and he does it brilliantly. The season will be over in a few weeks, so what is there to gain by bolstering the defence?
Caged Lion

Postby chipbuns » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:27 pm

darrenlock wrote:All I'm saying is that players with the fight come on.I am a Charlton and we shad many good players it was poor decisions in managers , and poor decision to sack Dowie so early in.

My point is that just say Darlington go down I'm sure in there squad there must have 1-2 players that could play league2 level and same goes with Chester.
Players from struggling teams can make it big with good team just look at DJ Campbell or Jermain Beckford i cant remember who there got him from.

I think we have got the point that you are a charlton fan now. :roll:

Looking at players from Chester and Darlington? Chester no. The only one i'd look at who plays for Darlington would be Purcell who has scored a few.

Curtis Main has had trials at higher clubs in the summer and could be a decent prospect. Didn't look impressive at Christie tho and i seem to recall he was taken off at before half time!

They are both strikers too.

I'd prefer a pacy winger from a club in the higher divisions, who is proven in the league with previous loans but whether someone who has that experience would be available is another question.
chipbuns

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Curtis Main looks good but it's not going to be him why would Darlington throw away what little chance they have of staying up?
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Chip mate i am born and breed in woolwich london Charlton is my life.

I follow Morecambe as my 2nd team due to respect of the town where i am going to live for the rest of my life.

Just hope Charlton are not in the same league as Morecambe one day lol.

That would be a hard one where do i stand.
darrenlock

Postby chipbuns » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:38 pm

i didn't mention anything about bringing Main in, i just said he could be a decent prospect. I said i'd like a winger signed. Strikers can be looked at in future.

darrenlock wrote:Chip mate i am born and breed in woolwich london Charlton is my life.

I follow Morecambe as my 2nd team due to respect of the town where i am going to live for the rest of my life.

Just hope Charlton are not in the same league as Morecambe one day lol.

That would be a hard one where do i stand.

I understand your born and bred but you don't need to advertise it in about 75% of your posts! :roll:
chipbuns

Postby darrenlock » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Well sorry im just proud of my roots:D ;)
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:31 pm

darrenlock wrote:Well sorry im just proud of my roots:D ;)

Why be sorry?

Excellent if you ask me!
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 am

Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Does anybody know who This New signing is?
northstandshrimp2009

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

So.....is it really him? :o
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby outsider » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Morecambe have today completed the loan signing of Colchester United winger Simon Hackney.

The former Woodley Sports player is well known to Shrimps' fans after appearing against them for Carlisle United in the Conference a few seasons ago. He went on to become a firm fans' favourite at Carlisle and made the switch to Colchester in January 2009, making 30 appearances for the U's, 13 of which have come this season.

Hackney is eligible for the Shrimps' clash against Grimsby at Christie Park on Saturday.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Re: New signing on Monday

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Confirmed on the official website

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 69,00.html.

Simon Hackney is a left winger who played for Woodley Sports, signed for Carlisle United and played for them from 2005 to 2009 before signing for big money for Colchester United.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=40810
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Here's his profile on Colchester:

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/ProfilesDetai ... 83,00.html

Says he's pacy and likes to run at people.
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 pm

I seem to recall that when he signed for Carlisle a number on SVs mentioned him as being a huge prospect and queried why JH didn't express an interest in him.

From recollection he's a speed merchant who likes to take people on...just the type of player defenders hate and supporters love, especially us.

Hope that he's given the chance to shine, unlike other outfield loanees.

Could be that Sammy is looking further than just a month.

Excellent loan and something for us to look forward to after recent departures.

:) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby chipbuns » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Great Signing! :D
chipbuns

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Is he just out of favour at Colchester or has he been injured and is coming to us to get match fit? Hope it's the first mentioned because we need someone fully fit and raring to go.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Not part of Boothroyd's plans, he played a few games under him then the manager moved him out as he introduced a new, more direct system.

Some have said he wasn't really given a chance but is a good player.

He's from the NW and hadn't been down in Essex that long when Lambert left, so maybe he just needs to feel wanted again.

Potentially a very good signing for us.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion