New signing on Monday

Re: New signing on Monday

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Not part of Boothroyd's plans, he played a few games under him then the manager moved him out as he introduced a new, more direct system.

Some have said he wasn't really given a chance but is a good player.

He's from the NW and hadn't been down in Essex that long when Lambert left, so maybe he just needs to feel wanted again.

Potentially a very good signing for us.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:01 pm

He's gorgeous, just your type CC :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:06 pm

ezz wrote:He's gorgeous, just your type CC :lol:

...when a bloke describes another as gorgeous, it's time to really get worried! :?

Suggest you run a spell check on your signature..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Christies Child on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Just had a quick look at match stats and it doesn't exactly set the pulses racing! His last appearance was as a non playing sub back on 16th Jan (Div 1 game). Prior to that he was in the starting 11 at both Preston (lost 0-7) and Hereford (won) both in the FA Cup. In the Preston game he was replaced in the 55th minute and the Hereford game he was replaced in the 46th minute(injury)? Other than that I can see another couple of games as a non playing sub in Div 1 games but the teams aren't shown in the fixtures prior to December so don't really know if he's been a starter for their first team at all much this season.

Hope he's better than the bare stats currently suggest.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby ockers » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 pm

i do remember the web team at carlisle raving about simon one preseason game a fast left winger who was really impressing the carlisle fans
remember him playing a very good game
sounds a great signing
ockers

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:13 pm

He was signed for Colchester under Paul Lambert who likes football played on the deck. Under Aidy Boothroyd they're playing much better but with as one supporter calling it 'hoofball' and Hackney just didn't fit in with that style of play and just wasn't getting a game.

Comments on the Colchester forum are positive for the most part with the following typical:

"I thought Hackney was more than capiable of becoming a regular in the side. As someone as already said he hasn't really been giving the chance. I hope it only is a months loan and nothing else becasue I'd like to see him back in blue and white as a regualr for us".

"I doubt it will happen mate. I think we've seen the last of Hackney, which is a cracking shame as he has undoubted ability, but, Aidy likes to play a certain way and with the Midfield looking reasonably solid, I doubt Hackney would get a chance this season. Top bloke as well, lovely teeth".

I'm hoping that we've got some sort of agreement for a contract as part of the loan rather than him finding somewhere to show his worth before disappearing elsewhere. I'm sure that's the case though.

A great signing in my view.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Posh wrote:He was signed for Colchester under Paul Lambert who likes football played on the deck. Under Aidy Boothroyd they're playing much better but with as one supporter calling it 'hoofball' and Hackney just didn't fit in with that style of play and just wasn't getting a game.

Comments on the Colchester forum are positive for the most part with the following typical:

"I thought Hackney was more than capiable of becoming a regular in the side. As someone as already said he hasn't really been giving the chance. I hope it only is a months loan and nothing else becasue I'd like to see him back in blue and white as a regualr for us".

"I doubt it will happen mate. I think we've seen the last of Hackney, which is a cracking shame as he has undoubted ability, but, Aidy likes to play a certain way and with the Midfield looking reasonably solid, I doubt Hackney would get a chance this season. Top bloke as well, lovely teeth".

I'm hoping that we've got some sort of agreement for a contract as part of the loan rather than him finding somewhere to show his worth before disappearing elsewhere. I'm sure that's the case though.

A great signing in my view.

Thats cheered me up! :D Sounds OK, hope he's up to speed quickly, him and Wilson down the left should give defences nightmares! (hopefully).
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Totally agree with Posh and Ockers..a great signing and something to look forward to.

Twissy will never be replaced, but how many times have we had posts about wanting a speedy winger? Well Sammy's delivered......and in some way compensates for the loss of Mr T :) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm waiting to see what Jodie thinks of him first :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Excellent news. Look forward to defences being terrorised by our left side for the next month :twisted:
Harry

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:34 pm

He has all the attributes we have been crying out for...looks to be a great signing! Looking forward to saturday now :D
Morecambe Jack

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:48 pm

don't know much about him and only seen him play on TV but he sounds good so we will just have to wait and see
heysham_mfc

Postby Mark S » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Suggest you run a spell check on your signature..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just got in from a challenging day and saw that.

Thanks CC, really cheered me up!

Really looking forward to Saturday now. A heck of an expectation around Simon's neck. I hope that he is as good as everyone is saying. One thing for sure, we will all make him welcome and cheer him on.
Mark S

Postby darrenlock » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Never heard of this lad my good friend is a lifelong Colchester fan and there spend alot of cash on him and the style of play did not work out.
But hope he can play well and if Morecambe have a good shot of play-offs come the end of his contract maybe we can keep him until the end of the season.
Also Colchester might need him for there promotion push but then saying that why let him go for a month all about confidence.

Oh spell check boy did that make me laugh usually you guys used to get on my back about my spelling lol. ;) I'm glad that has finished
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Just heard Mark Lillis on Radio Lancashire. Sounds as though Simon is really up for this move. Trained today with the squad after being introduced to his new colleagues by Jimbo.

Sammy and Mark went after him whilst they were at Stockport so know all about his capabilities.

Taken a few years, but they've finally got their man.

As Mark said 'the month gives both parties time to look at each other'.....read into that what you want! ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Peperami no. 1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Spoken to a few Carlisle fans on twitter and they seem to rate him highly. Sounds like he faced the same change of manager and tactics when Greg Abbot arrived at Carlisle.

Look forward to having two wingers both in their preferred position.

Just need another striker to cover injuries. Happy days.
Peperami no. 1

Postby steve mfc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Certainly looks a good signing, it makes team selection a bit interesting, personally i would move Duffy to the right hand side and put Gary into the centre off midfield to give the defence some added protection, Drummond would be my choice to play alongside Gary.
steve mfc

Postby DTSJim » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:59 pm

With him and Lawrence on our left side I think we'll have the potential to terrify any league two right backs!
DTSJim

Postby skyecat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVP0b34l5CM

If he can score a few goals like this one, we won't be doing too bad!
Skip to the very end and the goal is in about the last 10 seconds or so.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby marky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:...when a bloke describes another as gorgeous, it's time to really get worried! :?

Is it? Can I be brutely honest and say that was my first reaction when I saw his picture on the website a few minutes ago! :lol: Anyway, he sounds just the type of player we've been crying out for! Left-sided winger, pacy, likes to take people on, etc. Perfect!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby alwaysright » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 am

Never heard of him
alwaysright

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 am

Wonder after the month on loan it will be taxi for hackney .... sorry couldn't resist
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 am

skyecat wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVP0b34l5CM

If he can score a few goals like this one, we won't be doing too bad!
Skip to the very end and the goal is in about the last 10 seconds or so.

Direct from a free kick as well.

Something that we don't try too often!
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 am

"Hackney can be decent, never had a great cross, but can be very dangerous player in possession, sometimes you don't always need a winger who actually sets up goals, but one who can remove the other sides threats because he's got them on the back foot and always felt that was Hackneys best job, very tricky and skillfull so the other sides usually couldn't afford to push down our left side.

i'd think maybe his lack of crossing hurt with colchester who are more physical and have big men in box and demand that good service to guys in the box who can use it, plus he's small and not physical which doesn't match the colchester set-up. should do well at Morecambe i'd think."

From a Carlisle fan on the Football Forum (and remember, he did all that in League One and has more recently been at the top end of that division with Colchester - some of their fans would still like to see him back and playing for them).
Plus, in a different part of the country.... new manager for whom he wasn't 'one of his'.
New lease of life at Morecambe, a division lower, may help bring out the best.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 pm

am well chuffed!!

he sounds right up our street :D

balance are midfield out now, id play with two wingers from now and go all out attacking in one last hope for the play offs :twisted:

plus with Wainwright back fit ;)
George Dawes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion