Your views?

Your views?

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 2:53 pm

on what exactly we need in our team now.

Today proved that we don't have the same kind of skill in our team needed to succed. So where do we go from here. Does Sammy have a complete over haul of the team and build a completley new sqaud? Or does he just add the few players?

I think that some of our players have to go. They simpley aren't quick or skilled enough to get us to where we are next season.

I say that we get preparing from league two next year and just forget about thursday. Just show up and try and get a little pride back. :cry:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Your views?

Postby The Red Knight » Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 pm

We need younger players with more energy and pace throughout the team. Generally we're too old and slow.
The Red Knight

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:on what exactly we need in our team now.

Today proved that we don't have the same kind of skill in our team needed to succed. So where do we go from here. Does Sammy have a complete over haul of the team and build a completley new sqaud? Or does he just add the few players?

I think that some of our players have to go. They simpley aren't quick or skilled enough to get us to where we are next season.

I say that we get preparing from league two next year and just forget about thursday. Just show up and try and get a little pride back. :cry:

the team didnt even try today.......end of
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 2:59 pm

I think today is just one of those games where everythin just goes to pot. Yes we played appaling today but thats not to say we should sack sammy or sell players. You can blame the players, blame the management, blame fatigue but at the end of the day we have finished 4th in the league this season and nobody expected that. Its a credit to the team and the management.

We should just put today out of our heads, regain some pride on thursday and recoup for next year. We dont need any drastic changes
fletch_al

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 3:02 pm

fletch_al wrote:I think today is just one of those games where everythin just goes to pot. Yes we played appaling today but thats not to say we should sack sammy or sell players. You can blame the players, blame the management, blame fatigue but at the end of the day we have finished 4th in the league this season and nobody expected that. Its a credit to the team and the management.

We should just put today out of our heads, regain some pride on thursday and recoup for next year. We dont need any drastic changes

I agree with you. BUT look at our team. We have a lot of very good players, but they are old and slow now. Sammy seriously needs to look to more youthful and maybe not proven players. I really think that Drummond has to go im afraid. And well i really don't rate Hunter of late and i HATE to say that. :cry:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
fletch_al wrote:I think today is just one of those games where everythin just goes to pot. Yes we played appaling today but thats not to say we should sack sammy or sell players. You can blame the players, blame the management, blame fatigue but at the end of the day we have finished 4th in the league this season and nobody expected that. Its a credit to the team and the management.

I agree with you. BUT look at our team. We have a lot of very good players, but they are old and slow now. Sammy seriously needs to look to more youthful and maybe not proven players. I really think that Drummond has to go im afraid. And well i really don't rate Hunter of late and i HATE to say that. :cry:

hunter scored last week! other than that i agree. but we only need a couple of replacements not replace the majority as some people are calling for
fletch_al

Postby marky » Sun May 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Make no changes and we will be in a relegation scrap. No doubt about it. Make a few changes and we'll finish finish in mid-table. The ONLY way we are going to be anywhere near a play off place next season is by bringing in at least 6 players who slot straight into the first team. The only players in today's squad that I would hope to see starting regularly next season are Roche (if he stays), Parrish, Duffy, Haining and Jevons.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 3:09 pm

marky wrote:Make no changes and we will be in a relegation scrap. No doubt about it. Make a few changes and we'll finish finish in mid-table. The ONLY way we are going to be anywhere near a play off place next season is by bringing in at least 6 players who slot straight into the first team. The only players in today's squad that I would hope to see starting regularly next season are Roche (if he stays), Parrish, Duffy, Haining and Jevons.

how can you possibly say we'll be in a relagtion scrap. this is pritty much the same team that has finished top half the last 3 seasons and 4th this season. a few changes as usual between seasons is all thats needed. we know our players can play well
fletch_al

Postby EDD » Sun May 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Did'nt attend, or watch on Sky today, so will not point finger's..

I will await comments of others who attended, there by getting a more correct view...

Bloody shame though, It would be hard too turn around 6-0 in any league...
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 pm

marky wrote:Make no changes and we will be in a relegation scrap. No doubt about it. Make a few changes and we'll finish finish in mid-table. The ONLY way we are going to be anywhere near a play off place next season is by bringing in at least 6 players who slot straight into the first team. The only players in today's squad that I would hope to see starting regularly next season are Roche (if he stays), Parrish, Duffy, Haining and Jevons.

Can't agree about Duffy. Add Willow and Stanners and that's it for me.

Unfortunately it's the older brigade who have been resigned.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby djsi » Sun May 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah I think your spot on.
On reflection Morecambe could have been fighting to stay in League 2. So a 4th place finish and a chance at the playoffs, is dreamland. New Season, New Club ground and things are on the up for Morecambe. All positives and a Brilliant future for Sammy & Morecambe FC.

:D
Last edited by djsi on Sun May 16, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djsi

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 3:16 pm

I'd like to see Higginbottom and Pugh here next season. Along with Bury centre back? (the captain..) And also a young pacey striker..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby EDD » Sun May 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Hate to say it but....

A Daggenham & Redbridge to far...
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby marky » Sun May 16, 2010 3:21 pm

fletch_al wrote:how can you possibly say we'll be in a relagtion scrap. this is pritty much the same team that has finished top half the last 3 seasons and 4th this season. a few changes as usual between seasons is all thats needed. we know our players can play well

Simply because the nucleus of our side is slow and aging. I don't believe for a second that this current squad would be able to achieve a similar league position next year. Football is all about continual improvement. Everyone I speak to says they're not entirely sure how we managed to finish 4th because we haven't been that great. Stand still and we'll go backwards. I said the same thing this time last year and we did make quite a few changes. The same has to happen for next season, only I'd argue that this time we need to abandon the experience policy and go for players at the younger end of the spectrum.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 pm

marky wrote:
fletch_al wrote:how can you possibly say we'll be in a relagtion scrap. this is pritty much the same team that has finished top half the last 3 seasons and 4th this season. a few changes as usual between seasons is all thats needed. we know our players can play well

Simply because the nucleus of our side is slow and aging. I don't believe for a second that this current squad would be able to achieve a similar league position next year. Football is all about continual improvement. Everyone I speak to says they're not entirely sure how we managed to finish 4th because we haven't been that great. Stand still and we'll go backwards. I said the same thing this time last year and we did make quite a few changes. The same has to happen for next season, only I'd argue that this time we need to abandon the experience policy and go for players at the younger end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately Sammy appears to have little faith in younger players. And the apparent run down of our Youth Policy hasn't helped.
Christies Child

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 3:37 pm

It looks like we might need extra time and penalties next week. I can't see us winning 7-0. :)
durhamshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 16, 2010 3:42 pm

you never know....it could be 8 nil :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Preston Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Only players that are not good enough if we want to be pressing for the playoffs next season are : Haining, Hunter and Drummond. Signing Panther would be a awful decision too.

Fresh new ideas in midfield are needed. And the defence needs younger quality competition for places.

Up front today there was nothing. Mullin is slow and not clinical enough, but the role he played in today had no help. Curtis i'd keep and obvs sign Jevons, but a srtiker with pace is needed. we build up a poor slow attack and then it breaks down.
Preston Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 16, 2010 3:51 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:you never know....it could be 8 nil :lol: :lol:

I could always put something in the Daggers water..... ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Our players didn' try today and for some stupid reason McIlroy didn't make a sub until we were 3-0 down.
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 4:32 pm

I feared the worst when I saw we were starting with a five man midfield and Mullin on his own, we've been on a great run by attacking and looking to win. When we try to get a 0-0, we lose. At 2-0 things should have been changed because it was so obvious that a third was on its way, but no changes were made.

That said, today was one of those things that happens. We were poor all over the pitch. Barry had his worst game ever for us, defenders were all at sea, they had a great game and they had every bobble go for them while we had now bounces going for us. From the moment Barry slipped, stopping him from gathering the shot for the first one, the pitch was against us too.

We've had a great season. I'd rather we didn't enter the record books for the worst ever play off result, but we have. Now we just enjoy Thursday and look forward to next season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Richard Head » Sun May 16, 2010 4:39 pm

It didnt take long for the naysayers to surface did it? These people need to get a grip. For those of us who were around in the days of the Lancashire Combination or the years we were struggling in the Northern Premier League the idea of finishing 4th in this division would have seemed like a dream. One bad performance shouldnt be allowed to wipe out what has been a grest season
Richard Head

Postby Vinny » Sun May 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Looks like letting the team party after last weeks win back-fired. A party too soon.

However, the team overall deserve credit for our best ever season and for finishing in the play-offs. Although todays whipping was disappointing and embarrassing, there are some good things to come out of it:

1. If we are serious about signing Barry Roche, I think fewer other teams will now be interested, so hopefully he will now sign for us.

2. If we did go into League One, todays kind of result would possibly have been more frequent, and there would be more really long-distance away games darn sarf. They'll be more northern derby games in L2.

3. This is just one bad result after a string of amazing wins, it may spell the end of our season, but not the end of the world, the team or the club. These things happen. We need to learn from it.

4. We seriously missed Stanners great form of late today, particularly in set pieces and his energy in midfield.

5. We have one extra last night match with a full house at our beloved Christie Park than we were really expecting, and we will be able to go on the pitch this time.

6. If, IF, we manage to get a couple of early goals on Thursday night, it could make an interesting game.

7. The performance and result today were terrible, but we do have a chance on Thursday to rectify that. In as much as it is unlikely we'll win by 6 goals, if we did IT WILL BE ONE HELL OF A MATCH NOT TO MISS!!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby mickey » Sun May 16, 2010 5:10 pm

we were shite today and a total embarressment to the town .........
mickey

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Vinny wrote:Looks like letting the team party after last weeks win back-fired. A party too soon.

However, the team overall deserve credit for our best ever season and for finishing in the play-offs. Although todays whipping was disappointing and embarrassing, there are some good things to come out of it:

1. If we are serious about signing Barry Roche, I think fewer other teams will now be interested, so hopefully he will now sign for us.

2. If we did go into League One, todays kind of result would possibly have been more frequent.

3. This is just one bad result after a string of amazing wins, it may spell the end of our season, but not the end of the world, the team or the club. These things happen. We need to learn from it.

4. We seriously missed Stanners great form of late today, particularly in set pieces and his energy in midfield.

5. We have one extra last night match with a full house at our beloved Christie Park than we were really expecting, and we will be able to go on the pitch this time.

6. If, IF, we manage to get a couple of early goals on Thursday night, it could make an interesting game.

7. The performance and result today were terrible, but we do have a chance on Thursday to rectify that. In as much as it is unlikely we'll win by 6 goals, if we did IT WILL BE ONE HELL OF A MATCH NOT TO MISS!!!!

Remember Crewe....Anything is possible after that !

I just hope that the management learn something from today and don't put it down to 'just one of those games'. It's been on the cards that it would happen...and unfortunately it was in such an important game.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion