Your views?

Re: Your views?

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Vinny wrote:Looks like letting the team party after last weeks win back-fired. A party too soon.

However, the team overall deserve credit for our best ever season and for finishing in the play-offs. Although todays whipping was disappointing and embarrassing, there are some good things to come out of it:

1. If we are serious about signing Barry Roche, I think fewer other teams will now be interested, so hopefully he will now sign for us.

2. If we did go into League One, todays kind of result would possibly have been more frequent.

3. This is just one bad result after a string of amazing wins, it may spell the end of our season, but not the end of the world, the team or the club. These things happen. We need to learn from it.

4. We seriously missed Stanners great form of late today, particularly in set pieces and his energy in midfield.

5. We have one extra last night match with a full house at our beloved Christie Park than we were really expecting, and we will be able to go on the pitch this time.

6. If, IF, we manage to get a couple of early goals on Thursday night, it could make an interesting game.

7. The performance and result today were terrible, but we do have a chance on Thursday to rectify that. In as much as it is unlikely we'll win by 6 goals, if we did IT WILL BE ONE HELL OF A MATCH NOT TO MISS!!!!

Remember Crewe....Anything is possible after that !

I just hope that the management learn something from today and don't put it down to 'just one of those games'. It's been on the cards that it would happen...and unfortunately it was in such an important game.

Except the most we ever went behind against Crewe was by 2 goals not by 6!
Little Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun May 16, 2010 6:26 pm

was that our worse performance since the 7v0 away at Leek Town 12 years ago?

I was worried when we set out at 4-5-1 we know were not very good sitting back and would have really liked to see us take the game to them from the start. They had us pegged back in our area from the start and we never got out of it.

Obviously the defence was shocking all 6 goals were schoolboy errors but the midfield was non existant why is it when we play away from home we are so scrappy and noone in the midfield gets there foot on the ball and trys to control the game. I was worried about our away form and thought as long as we can keep the deficit down to 1 or 2 at worst we will be ok.

The things is we didn't really have anyone to come on and change it there was Curtis to try and create something but he isn't going to sort the midfield out. I think we really missed Stanners today and his energy in the middle of the field we just had noone controlling the game.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 pm

The only thing embarrasing about today is people like you mickey coming on here and spouting absolute shit....aston villa lost 7 1 at chelsea the other week does that make villa a bad side no it doesnt now f..k off
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 pm

P/T Indie wrote:was that our worse performance since the 7v0 away at Leek Town 12 years ago?

I was worried when we set out at 4-5-1 we know were not very good sitting back and would have really liked to see us take the game to them from the start. They had us pegged back in our area from the start and we never got out of it.

Obviously the defence was shocking all 6 goals were schoolboy errors but the midfield was non existant why is it when we play away from home we are so scrappy and noone in the midfield gets there foot on the ball and trys to control the game. I was worried about our away form and thought as long as we can keep the deficit down to 1 or 2 at worst we will be ok.

The things is we didn't really have anyone to come on and change it there was Curtis to try and create something but he isn't going to sort the midfield out. I think we really missed Stanners today and his energy in the middle of the field we just had noone controlling the game.

This MUST be ONE of Sammy's priorities this close season. Get a general in midfield and a couple of mobile centre halves at the very least. I think we all agree that we need some pace throughout the team.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Sun May 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Dont want to be too critical,but saw Sammys post match interview and ok we didnt perform but surely he has to take the critism as well as the players.I.m.o. too negative 4-5-1 with a centre half in midfield,all too often the defence takes the stick but today with only one up front,midfield vitually non existent we couldnt harm them.All in all a great season though to finish 4th.Just remember the players are hurting probably more than us,they didnt go out to play that way,as someone said shit happens.Give em some slack and lets look forward to next season.
mfcbro

Postby ockers » Sun May 16, 2010 8:58 pm

didnt turn up today did we??
finished 4th though which is an incredible achievement
league two again next season im happy and the new stadium too so much to look forward to
oxford to visit us next season and a great weekend away in prospect
im happy, disappointed, gutted, sad, but happy at the same time and proud of the fans and the club and i'm gutted for sammy and the lads who have been fantastic this season
lets have a disco thursday night and party and just enjoy ourselves!!!!
3 years in the football league, overachieveing and loving it!!!!
ockers

Postby steve mfc » Sun May 16, 2010 11:08 pm

IT was a case of them being at the top of their game today while we had several players who just happened to have their worst game this season put all that together and the result was a forgone conclusion.

As bad as it was and how difficult it is to take it doesn't alter the fact that we finished in fourth place and have put in some memorable performances along the way, we should be proud of what we have achieved on and of the pitch this season, it did seem a long journey home tonight but it did give me plenty of time to reflect on how far we have come, lets celebrate on Thursday night and leave Christie Park on a high.

The support today was awesome lets have the same again on Thursday.
steve mfc

Postby EDD » Sun May 16, 2010 11:28 pm

I know how your all feeling, 3 weeks back I went through exactly the same with the Avenue,
except we where riding high all season until the end, when we missed out on promotion by 1 point, then missed out in the playoff final by 1 goal.

I felt gutted all weekend...

So the end to this season has been a double whammy... :cry: :cry:

Hopefully the team can come out all guns blazing, and get a win at the last ever game at Christie.
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 am

A team doesnt become so bad over night, we just didnt turn up today, simple as, every team has offdays and its just a shame that yesterday we had one. At the end of the day if you asked any Morecambe Fan would they have taken a 4th place at the start of the season they would have bitten your hands off. Who would of thought we were going to finish 4th after the Northampton defeat at home? Been a great season, although in the summer id like to see a centre half come in as jimbos and arts are getting on a bit now, a pacey winger who has a decent cross. And a young pacey striker. Slagging off the team aint gunna help the lads.
lancaster shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 9:22 am

lancaster shrimp wrote:...after the Northampton defeat at home?

Yesterday reminded me of the second half v Northampton... when we tried to defend a narrow lead instead of attacking. Hope we don't see five man defensive midfield and a lone striker ever again!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 am

i bet Wayne Curtis is pissed off i can see him leaving this summer if where only playing 4 5 1 just because Jevons isn't/hasn't been fit to play with Mullin

then that speaks volumes of what SM thinks of Curtis(i rate him needs a fair run in the team as a striker)
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:The only thing embarrasing about today is people like you mickey coming on here and spouting absolute shit....aston villa lost 7 1 at chelsea the other week does that make villa a bad side no it doesnt now f..k off

Are you kidding? When did we string 5 passes together the whole match? When did we string 3 together in the midfield?? It was amateur and an insult to those who travelled down to be honest
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby darrenlock » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 am

First of all well done Morecambe on coming 4th considering in October fans wanted Sammy sacked and now i know it was a awful match and in my opinion i think Phil Jevons will be off and wont stay.
And i am buying my season ticket on the weekend in standing area i only say Jevons be off due to i think all of Sammy's interest is getting Barry on a new contract i am also a Charlton and if Charlton dont go up id buy him to Charlton.
Good luck lads
darrenlock

Postby MFC James » Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am

darrenlock wrote:First of all well done Morecambe on coming 4th considering in October fans wanted Sammy sacked and now i know it was a awful match and in my opinion i think Phil Jevons will be off and wont stay.
And i am buying my season ticket on the weekend in standing area i only say Jevons be off due to i think all of Sammy's interest is getting Barry on a new contract i am also a Charlton and if Charlton dont go up id buy him to Charlton.
Good luck lads

Jevons has already signed a pre-contract with us, he said at the presentation evening that he will be here next year. ;)
Morecambe and Proud!
MFC James

Postby Wednesdayite » Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 am

bad bad day at the office boys &girls, although to be fair Dagenham were like a steamroller.

Youve not suddenly become a bad team overnight, but it did show up the defensive frailties and thats going to need sorting

i'm gutted, this was my local derby! ;)
Exiled Yorkshireman
Wednesdayite

Postby darrenlock » Mon May 17, 2010 10:39 am

Well good for Phil signing a new contract hope Morecambe can defend better next season away from home because if so wont surprise me if were would be pushing for top3 i saw teams going down from league 1 wycombe gillingham(rene howe ) stockport not really strong teams
darrenlock

Postby Preston Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 10:41 am

Christies Child wrote:Remember Crewe....Anything is possible after that !

WELL SAID. DARE TO DREAM :D
Preston Shrimp

Postby casey jones » Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

duffy's air shot near the end of the game more or less summed up the performance on the pitch, however those of you who made the bloody long journey can be justly proud of your efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a bit worried that carlisle paul was allowed to get his t;ts out on the tv, as there were kids in the pub???
casey jones

Postby Ntini » Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 am

casey jones wrote:duffy's air shot near the end of the game more or less summed up the performance on the pitch, however those of you who made the bloody long journey can be justly proud of your efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a bit worried that carlisle paul was allowed to get his t;ts out on the tv, as there were kids in the pub???

My girlfriend's just gone into her first counselling session of many... they think she'll pull through!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 19, 2010 6:16 pm

am sorry to bump this but i think the odd one or two comments after the final whistle what upset SM are on here for you to work out
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2010 6:21 pm

I can't really see any here? Or is it just me after a hard day at school? :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 19, 2010 6:24 pm

well this was the most active topic after the final whistle, i could find anymore?
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Fair enough mate :) I think Sammy may have over reacted a bit. I mean how does he think we are going to react after a national showing up like that :cry: it was awful to see.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion