Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 pm

The Fleetwood transfer wagon continues, they have now signed Vieira :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 849340.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: THE BIG TRANSFER THREAD - for all bar CC who starts his own

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Fleetwood have a huge squad anyway .

But this player must be a good transfer for Fleetwood if he scored 20 goals last season.

Good luck .
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 pm

As it stands AT THE MOMENT we have a weaker squad than last season.

It's a mystery how others can get a good number of trialists but we appear unable to do so.

Surely there is quality out there looking for a good club?

Worrying!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby AJC » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Maybe Morecambe do have an equal amount of trialists as others, but are just better at keeping their names out of the press/forums than other teams! One was mentioned today in the Morecambe Vs York thread that I hadn't seen mentioned before, so maybe there a more of them training and playing in closed door friendlies.

Also, as you say lots of clubs have taken on multiple trailists, so maybe there aren't many available League 2 quality players left to have on trail, in which case it's better to wait to see if trailists at other clubs become available in the near future as well. I'd suspect there will be a few more loan signings again this season so it's a little early to be too concerned about the lack of transfer activity just yet.
AJC

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:19 pm

AJC wrote:Maybe Morecambe do have an equal amount of trialists as others, but are just better at keeping their names out of the press/forums than other teams! One was mentioned today in the Morecambe Vs York thread that I hadn't seen mentioned before, so maybe there a more of them training and playing in closed door friendlies.

Also, as you say lots of clubs have taken on multiple trailists, so maybe there aren't many available League 2 quality players left to have on trail, in which case it's better to wait to see if trailists at other clubs become available in the near future as well. I'd suspect there will be a few more loan signings again this season so it's a little early to be too concerned about the lack of transfer activity just yet.

Silly me...

That's what we need....failed trialists elsewhere!

Sod that......
Christies Child

Postby AJC » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Better having failed trailists from elsewhere than players who couldn't get a trail elsewhere in the first place!
AJC

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:10 pm

It does sound like Sammy has tried to get new players to sign but have missed put to other clubs. Maybe it's a location thing but we do seem to miss out on players every season.
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 pm

AJC wrote:Better having failed trailists from elsewhere than players who couldn't get a trail elsewhere in the first place!

Your failed trailists might have done better if they were TRIALISTS, sorry not used to staying in on a Sat night :cry:
parceldave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:17 pm

lets just leave sammy and mark alone to get on with the jobs they are paid to do...they did manage to get us fourth place finish last season so not bad at there jobs are they
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:19 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:It does sound like Sammy has tried to get new players to sign but have missed put to other clubs. Maybe it's a location thing but we do seem to miss out on players every season.

What happened to the carrot of a new ground and excellent training facilities, or is it just plain and simple Money :?:
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:30 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:lets just leave sammy and mark alone to get on with the jobs they are paid to do...they did manage to get us fourth place finish last season so not bad at there jobs are they

Get off your high horse, did you not realise this is a fans forum for fans to discuss things and Voice their opinion. No one is telling Sam & Mark how to do THEIR jobs are they, but if they had got off to a better start and not taken 16 games to get us our First win last season then we might have been looking at automatic promotion. :idea: ;)
parceldave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:38 pm

I think they know that mr parcel ...just watched twenty minutes of sky sports news and all managers interviewed are looking to strengthen there squads so its not just us are looking for new players ...like darrenlock as said patience patience patience
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Agree Dave with you.

I do not think many Morecambe fans thought at the start of the season automatic promotion was possible.
This season I think it is and I am tipping mfc for third place.

I remember watching Morecambe vs Northampton when Northampton won 4-2 and hate fans response booing the team and the management that was shocking.

And then somehow the boss and Lillis got Morecambe into the play offs.

Dave where do you think Morecambe will come next season

And yes patience but last season Morecambe hardly lost any of the first TEN games it was manly draws Patience is key in football
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Not often we can agree on something ParcelDave...but your right in what you say.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:40 pm

darrenlock wrote:Agree Dave with you.

I do not think many Morecambe fans thought at the start of the season automatic promotion was possible.
This season I think it is and I am tipping mfc for third place.

I remember watching Morecambe vs Northampton when Northampton won 4-2 and hate fans response booing the team and the management that was shocking.

And then somehow the boss and Lillis got Morecambe into the play offs.

Dave where do you think Morecambe will come next season

And yes patience but last season Morecambe hardly lost any of the first TEN games it was manly draws Patience is key in football

Well Darren thats the neatest post i have ever seen from you, who's the typist, i wont tell anybody else. ;)

Haven't got a clue where Morecambe will finish as they are so unpredictable, with the reports i've heard from the friendlies so far its not looking good, but friendlies don't count for anything Unless we play well and win , then we're going to win the league (just look at posts after Doncaster friendly 2008). Other factors that concern me are the amount of players that have been released and the lack of quality we have failed to attract to replace them. Then there's the fact that the players will be playing on a new pitch that they haven't had time to get used to, so the first few games will be like an away game , whenever that may be. ;)
parceldave

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Well friendlies in my opinion is about fitness and trying different formations and new partnerships like Scott and Parish today.

I do think if Morecambe can win the first match early at the globe then we could be confident away from home.

I do not think many teams would enjoy playing us .

We are not a hit and miss team like Burton Albion or Port Vale.

Morecambe started slow but turnt it around.

Thanks for saying what you said about my message Dave.

It is just now I read my post one - two times trying to make sure the fellow fans understand what I am trying to say.

And transfer I do think we need another Goalkeeper , Center Forward , and maybe a midfielder ( Simpson ) Maybe
darrenlock

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:48 pm

;) And it is me typing these messages and I can see the funny side.
:oops:

It is just I get a hard time about my text typing or my grammar so now I double check what I am typing.
darrenlock

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 pm

darrenlock wrote:;) And it is me typing these messages and I can see the funny side.
:oops:

It is just I get a hard time about my text typing or my grammar so now I double check what I am typing.

how long this take you to relise that????????????

you beggar belief
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Easy Keith told me young children will be reading these comments.

Or I always want two make sure that the children understand what we are talking about simple.

And I do not want two be hated and if people want two see my photo or meet me well we will see come the start of the season.
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Dave its Saturday night you need to get out more! Can't understand you long stories! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Dave its Saturday night you need to get out more! Can't understand you long stories! :lol:

Im going out tomorrow instead, ive been up since half 3, then London and back and an hour on the driving range . Didn't feel like going out in that fine rain, soaks you through. Anyway how come you are home so early, or is that wedding so boring you've sneaked outside for a quick browse. :lol:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:45 am

Just finished! I could call you a few names nut too polite ! Just saved $85 on hotel room :D :D
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:13 am

we need 3 players IMHO

A centre half preferably a mobile footballing centre half then we have Haining , Bentley , Scott , Parrish and A N Other who can play centre half , also Drummond can cover in an emergency.

A central midfielder who can compete with Stanners and Drummy. The lad that Barrow had on trial (Ciaran Donnelly) looked very useful and maybe Sammy thought so.

A striker. if the triallist is thought to be the answer then that would save us paying a huge salary to a Bishop.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:23 am

So you think we can make do with one keeper then HS :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:34 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:we need 3 players IMHO

A centre half preferably a mobile footballing centre half then we have Haining , Bentley , Scott , Parrish and A N Other who can play centre half , also Drummond can cover in an emergency.

A central midfielder who can compete with Stanners and Drummy. The lad that Barrow had on trial (Ciaran Donnelly) looked very useful and maybe Sammy thought so.

A striker. if the triallist is thought to be the answer then that would save us paying a huge salary to a Bishop.

Agree, BUT what's the betting that IF we take him on, that he's regarded as inexperienced at this level and will therefore only get the odd game from the subs bench. Very much like the young lad we had from Ireland a season or so ago who didn't feature much. Maybe we should have given Jason Walker a bit more time. Certainly looked OK v us.

As for Donnelly did enough on Tuesday for Barrow to make me think he could do a good job for us.
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion