Oxford 4 Morecambe 0

Oxford 4 Morecambe 0

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Jevons injured after four minutes. Oxford on top in the first ten minutes with three chances. Jevons walked off but "lots of blood" so sounds nasty. Hope he's okay.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Oxford 0 Morecambe 0

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Sounds like another slow start :x
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Re: Oxford 1 Morecambe 0

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:24 pm

"shocking goal" "a cracking strike" Morecambe midfield gave the ball away.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby steve mfc » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 pm

bottom of the league :(
steve mfc

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Tell me when it's November
Opinionated

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Opinionated wrote:Tell me when it's November

8 weeks on Monday

2-0!
Shambles
morecambe mick

Re: Oxford 2 Morecambe 0

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:30 pm

who was it that said mfc have the best squad we have ever had????

:roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:32 pm

"Oxford looking for their first victory since returning to the Football League and Morecambe are making it easy for them"

Oxford scored from their fifth corner in twenty odd minutes. We've not had one yet. In fact, we've not had a shot yet. Good job it's nothing to do with the system we're playing. Not sure what it IS to do with though?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 pm

hhhmm this sitting back business and packing in midfield with a isolated Striker upfront malarkey clearly isn't working :|

nowt to lose might aswell go for it now, get Spencer on and switch to a wing-back system 3 5 2 at halftime
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 pm

no shots on/off target,corners zero
shrimpnsave

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:who was it that said mfc have the best squad we have ever had????

Me and I stand by that comment. It just takes Sammy longer than most to work out his best formation and starting 11.
Opinionated

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:34 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:who was it that said mfc have the best squad we have ever had????

Are you listening at my living room door? :o

I just said it to my lad, we have got the strongest I've seen at Morecambe.
It'll come, keep the faith.
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:37 pm

and just to cheer everyone up, just look who's bottom on the live table :|
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Sammy said on Radio Lancs that he "never has a good start to the season". No, and that's because every season he sets out to win home games 1-0 and draw away games 0-0. The reality is we lose x-0 away and draw 0-0 at home. Then, when miles behind everyone else and we have to start winning, we go for it and start winning 3-2... usually at the end of November.

We're getting battered today, we've still not had a shot or a corner (almost 40 minutes gone) so why not change it now? It's so frustrating.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Keith wrote:Sammy said on Radio Lancs that he "never has a good start to the season". No, and that's because every season he sets out to win home games 1-0 and draw away games 0-0. The reality is we lose x-0 away and draw 0-0 at home. Then, when miles behind everyone else and we have to start winning, we go for it and start winning 3-2... usually at the end of November.

We're getting battered today, we've still not had a shot or a corner (almost 40 minutes gone) so why not change it now? It's so frustrating.

Sammy wont make any changes until 75 minutes onwards which is his biggest fault.
Opinionated

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:51 pm

the be all and end all, is we haven't got anybody capable of playing the lone striker role, in order to make this system SM persists with successful

he needs to sign somebody in the next window

and in the mean time play with two center forwards who can work together in a partnership
George Dawes

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 pm

DawZi wrote:the be all and end all, is we haven't got anybody capable of playing the lone striker role, in order to make this system SM persists with successful

he needs to sign somebody in the next window

and in the mean time play with two center forwards who can work together in a partnership

Exactly, the Mullin & Jevons partnership worked last season yet it hasn't even been given a chance this season!
Opinionated

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:59 pm

if we had Drogba or a L2 equivalent Clayton Donaldson then fair enough we would probably be top of the table :roll:
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Opinionated wrote:Exactly, the Mullin & Jevons partnership worked last season yet it hasn't even been given a chance this season!

Garry Hunter was excellent at right back for a few games last season, picked up a couple of MotM's then gets injured for a couple of games and never plays there again.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Let's not forget that there have been quite a few new faces brought into the fold over the close season, and all seem to have featured prominently thus far (strikers apart). It is going to take time for them to gel together especially without a full pre-season behind them, another issue that could have been avoided with proper planning. It will come good though, keep the faith.

Man for man we probably do have a better team than last season, which achieved the highest ever league position in the football pyramid and were two good performances short of getting promoted. What has been a little surprising so far given the lack of familiarity amongst personnel is how some players seem to have been relegated to the bench without consideration? Hunter for example, has thus far twiddled his thumbs whilst Scott has struggled to adapt in an unfamiliar role at a new club, imparting little influence on games which still see us shipping for fun on the road. There are others.

Still time to get something form this one though, but not if Sammy leaves it until 75min or later to change a failing system.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:12 pm

sounds like where missing Scot in the DM role, who for me as been one the few positives so far this season
George Dawes

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Bad news, Hope Jevons isn't too bad. :(
Last edited by Spicy Shrimp on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:18 pm

We have to go for it 2nd half.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:20 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Let's not forget that there have been quite a few new faces brought into the fold over the close season, and all seem to have featured prominently thus far (strikers apart). It is going to take time for them to gel together especially without a full pre-season behind them, another issue that could have been avoided with proper planning...

I don't buy that. It's the same excuse that got trotted out the last couple of seasons but every club brings in new players in the close season, they don't all struggle. What we never do is start a season with the same system as we finished the previous one. THAT is disruptive and takes time to gel.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Hunter on for Fleming :!:
Opinionated

Next

Return to General Discussion